cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does making a payment to CA reage the debt?

tag
chiquis1

Does making a payment to CA reage the debt?

Last year Midland called for an old T-Mobile account that was from 2007 or 08, anyway I agreed to make a payment arrangement on a lower amount than what they claim I owe. They took out the money from my acct every month as agreed but stoped all of a sudden, and dumb me didnt think anything of it. Now it shows the last payment as 8/27. The acct is schedule to be removed by 4/2015 by TU. Will it be removed or will it be reaged from the last payment they took out?

Also tried asking why they stopped the withdrawl of money (ironic right!) and the rep. stated they didnt need a payment at this time. When I asked he stated that the account was not past due. What does that mean???

Starting Score: 536
Current Score: 565
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Does making a payment to CA reage the debt?

DoFD cannot be changed from what is origninally was.  It will still be excluded as scheduled.

You can't be past due with a CA.  Sounds kind of fishy to me.

What can happen is your states suing SOL could have been restarted.  Did you have a new written agreement with the CA?

Message 2 of 11
chiquis1

Nothing in writting, I dumbly accepted to the terms sine I just wanted the account paid.

Anything I can say or do at this point?

Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you can, I would just send them the rest of the money to have it paid and over with.

Midland is one of the worst, IMO. 

What state are you in?

Message 4 of 11
chiquis1

FL, i wish i could send them all but the bal is over 2k Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

FL is one of the 18 states that just making payments does not restart or extend the SOL for suing.  Only a new written agreement would do that.  Were these outside SOL?

Just so Midland won't try anything, can you make a payment online?  I would really hate for them to try to sue you when they are the ones who stopped taking payments.

Like I said, you cannot be past due or over due with a CA.

Message 6 of 11
chiquis1

What other states dont allow that? Im curious since the original debt was in tx and might move back....Also yes it was past the SOL, was just trying to pay old debt.

Message 7 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

TX is one of them so you are in luck.. TX, IMO, is one of the most consumer friendly states their is.

Message 8 of 11
chiquis1

YAY! thats great was getting scared, dont want to get sued for attempting to pay. Ill call Midland on monday and see what they say. Should I ask for anything in writting or just continue as is? Don't want anything to get worse....

BTW thanks for the great help!!!

Message 9 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would just ask them why they stopped taking payments since you cannot be overdue/pastdue with a CA.  You definitely don't want anything in writing about a payment plan, that would restart your SOL.

How long has it been since they quit taking money out of your account? 

If you can afford it, I would insist they start taking that money again.  It will leave them no room to say you haven't paid.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.