cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does negative wording matter or just pymt history?

tag
Little_Lulu
Contributor

Does negative wording matter or just pymt history?

Should I have claim filed with the government wording removed on an old student loan that has since been paid?

Is it only the pay history that affects your score... or does negative wording affect the score, too?

I think I can have the wording changed to transferred, closed... but I really don't want to go through all the trouble if it does not have an affect on the score... I know it probably looks better on manual review, though.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Status: Claim filed with government ?

Are you still in default? How did you get out of it, if so?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
Little_Lulu
Contributor

I'm asking for my mom. She rehabbed the loans. Should I fight to have the wording removes? They aren't going to remove the late payments - it's Suntrust bank.

Message 3 of 5
Little_Lulu
Contributor

Bumping this. Thanks! Cat Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does negative wording matter or just pymt history?

FCRA 611(a) permits a dispute with the CRA of the accuracy of any information in the file of the consumer at the time of the dispute.

Yes, you can dispute via a CRA.

Statements that are incorrrect may impact a manual review, and thus can still effect your credit even though not included in your credit scoring.

Direct disputes are a bit more restrictive, as you cannot dispute public record information or credit inquiries.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.