cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does paying CA clear you with OC (T-mobile)?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Does paying CA clear you with OC (T-mobile)?

@mspiggybank wrote:
Just a quick update in case any of you need the information. I sent a DV letter to Midland and they responded saying they didn't have the documentation to validate and that they would delete the account. I checked today and it was deleted so I called t-mobile and told them that the collection agency said they were no longer servicing the account and the t-mobile rep let me make a payment over the phone. I had to call three times before I found a rep to let me make a payment b/c they are told to make you pay through the collection agency. But, I finally got through to someone so, one bill down.

Keep checking your CR to make sure another CA doesn't pop with a paid collections.

Message 11 of 14
mspiggybank
New Contributor

I will, thanks. I had to do it this way b/c I need to switch back ASAP to cut down on my cell phone bill. I'll make sure I keep an eye on it.
Message 12 of 14
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

T-Mobile took payment? I'm in the same situation and T-Mobile told me today (president of executive customer relations) that because the account was sold to T-Mobile they could not take payment as they no longer own the debt.

edit: sorry, didn't realize I had commented on this post before!! Maybe I'll keep trying with T-Mobile even though the executive customer relations office told me they cannot accept payment. I had two regular reps also tell me no.

Message 13 of 14
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Oh, and just to add... I had a situation where I had paid the OC (before I ever recieved a collection notice) around the time the OC had sent it to collections. I had a paid collection (7 of them, actually) and disputed with the CRAs that I paid the OC and showed proof and they deleted the collections right away.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.