Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this mean they are deleting??

tag
lost22
New Contributor

Does this mean they are deleting??

So I had emailed Apelles In re: an ADT account in which I paid ADT directly. When I spoke with ADT, they said they had transferred the debt to a different CA, which still hasn't showed up on my cr. I just received a letter from Apelles stating:
Dear blah blah blah,

I am in receipt of your email regarding the above mentioned ADT account. I want to apologize for the delay in providing a response to you. ADT placed the balance wih Apelles in 11/2012 for addtl collection efforts. However, we have since closed the account in our system of record and returned it to them because we were unable to obtain approval for the $75 settlement offer. Please be assured that you will not receive any further contact from Apelles regarding the balance. Any requests for specific account information should be directed to ADT.

Should you need addtl info from Apelles, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Sorry this post is like a book, but just want to confirm they MUST remove from cb's since they no longer own/service acct, right?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Does this mean they are deleting??

Yes, since the debt was returned to the OC they are supposed to delete the TL.

Message 2 of 3
lost22
New Contributor

Re: Does this mean they are deleting??

Sweet!!! I think I got lucky here and called ADT to pay right after they pulled account from Apelles and transfered to TKA, which doesn't show up (and hopefully won't).

DaBears... Where's Jim Carey doing the happy dance?? Heheheheeee!!!

So far, here is what I have gotten removed:

NCO

CB Hudson Valley

Apelles

Asset Acceptance (1 down 1 to go)

IC Systems (3 accounts)

LVNV

Professional Adjustment (3 accounts)

Rapid Recovery (which should have never been in collections, I paid the school directly when I had dropped a class and they took some fin aid back)

Financial Credit Svcs (was a workman's comp issue and they never got paid, so they put it on my CR)

Doctor's Business Bureau (6 Accounts!!!!!!!!! 3 were paid off years ago, I offered PFD for 3 new ones but they had to delete ALL as part of the deal)

and finally EOS CCA (2 accounts)

Still to go: 

Suncoast FCU (Paid off one acct C/O, still have another one to go. Waiting on a call from VP of 

First Premier (EEEEEEKKKK)

Saturn Systems (which I offered a PFD since it's one of my newbies and they said NO. So I refused to pay and will try again tomorrow Smiley Happy 

Midland (double EEEEKKKKK)

TD Auto, falls off next year. About a $14k balance and there is no way I'm paying this. It was for a vol repo for a LEASE with only a few months left on the lease.

And finally Fidelity. Also refuse to pay at this point based on principle. Had signed a long term lease w/ a prop mngmnt comp and 3 months after we moved in landlord stopped paying her mortgage and was in foreclosure process. Had random people showing up to my house at all times of the day and night and was a HUGE PITA, especially since I had a newborn and 3 yr old and the door bell was constantly ringing. We offered to stay if they would lower rent and they refused. So we gave them a 30 day notice to vacate the rental and broke our lease. They said they would keep our last month's rent and security deposit. Although we felt we got the crap end of the stick, I didn't feel safe and didn't want to be inconvenienced any more. We had shelled out quite a bit to move, as moving expenses add up quickly. But, we moved again. A few months later we see this place, Fidelity, reported to the CB's for almost $7k!!! DoFD looks like it's 05/10, so it's going to be on there a while. I just don't want to mess with it just yet since I haven't reached the 5 yr SOL. Any suggestions on this one?

Whew, that was exhausting! lol

Quite a bit of progress in a week, me thinks! I have PFD letters in hand for everyone except CB of Hudson and Financial Credit Services....

I'm hoping for a positive score improvement. If not... I'm at a loss....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.