Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dofd question

tag
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Dofd question

Was seen in ER dept 3-7-2007. $100 copay reporting w/ CA. They list DOFD as 1/2009. Is this correct????
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Dofd question

Message 2 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I agree completely with that.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 12
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Either date of service or If billing to the consumer were to be deferred pending insurance processing, then there is no set due date upon which to become delinquent.

The DOFD would then be the date due set in the billing statement, if not paid by that date.

Message 4 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Most hospitals, doctors offices, etc clearly state that you are responsible for the debt, even if waiting for insurance to pay. 

You are supposed to pay then be reimbursed by your insurance. 

Message 5 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

+1 guiness. I currently have a class action lawsuit againt MiraMed Revenue Group for changing the DoFD on 2 hospital bills from June 06. They made it so it won't fall off till 2015. 2 yr difference. 

Message 6 of 12
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Mine are ER Co-payments for visits back in 2007.i have a copy of the billing statement, is this enough for a dispute. It's a billing inquiry which states all treatment, test etc;
Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 12
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

I've already done so, they sent me the billing inquiry. I sent them a pfd and the denied it. The hospital can not pull it back, and basically I'm stuck with it. I submitted a dispute on EQ the only CR that its reporting on but they verified. It is still unpaid and is my ONLY unpaid debt?!?! I'm frustrated because they won't remove so I'm being stubborn lol. So should I submit a written dispute with equifax so that I can attach my proof of DOFD?
Message 9 of 12
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

He hospital will accept payment but they won't recall the debt ;( I was thinking about paying the hospital then disputing it? Eat do you Guys think about that. I doubt that they'll (the ca) will even remove via gw request.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.