cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing a boogie dance! 41 Point Increase Experian!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doing a boogie dance! 41 Point Increase Experian!

I feel like I've been fighting for six months. It's been since May 3rd. That's when Stellar Recovery first reported on all three of my credit reports. Today I received notice that it was deleted from my Experian report. YIPPIE!!! I expect it to be off of my TransUnion report by Monday. Equifax is the bane of my existence. I swear they just don't like me. It's going to come off of that report too. I just don't know when. MyFico still has not alerted me to the score change. I was notified by CreditCheckTotal. Once it comes off of TransUnion that report will be completely clear of baddies. I feel like I can finally start back on my road to the 700s. That was a wake up call. I started racking my brain for anything I may not have paid so it can get paid before hitting my credit report.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories and advice on this forum. I've learned tons!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Doing a boogie dance! 41 Point Increase Experian!

Congrats!
Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. Now the alerts or lack thereof make sense.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE*

I just checked my dispute with Transunion and Stellar Recovery has been removed from them as well. I FINALLY BROKE 700! My TransUnion is now 709! I'm super excited. Hmmm what to do now.....Should I garden? Or get a couple more cards. One of my negative factors is too few revolving accounts in good standing. I have four. Geez you'd think that was enough. All four are and always have been in good standing. My Venture and Platinum Prestige cards aren't that old. I just got them in May I believe. Navy Fed is about ten months old. Cap1 Secured is three years old.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like we are fighting similar battles. I am still not so patiently waiting for Experian to update showing no baddies on my file. I also had the negative that I had too few accounts so I did something about that. We shall see.

So happy for your successes. It can be such a battle, but patience and perserverance wins!!! Congrats!!!

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 7; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the removal! Removals are always gratifying achievements. That's a pretty light profile though, with only around 5-7 months average age it sounds like. And with those cards opened recently I don't know if you'll get rejected for a new card based on ' too many recent inquiries '. I might wait around six months. Then again I've never applied for cards with a 700 score.
Regardless I'd want to wait to apply for any card until all 3 report the negative being removed as you don't know if their going to pull Eq/ TU /Ex. They may pull Eq today and it's not updated and you get rejected with a score of 640 because of a negative.

Do you know what score you were at when you got approved for the Venture?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the removal! Removals are always gratifying achievements. That's a pretty light profile though, with only around 5-7 months average age it sounds like. And with those cards opened recently I don't know if you'll get rejected for a new card based on ' too many recent inquiries '. I might wait around six months. Then again I've never applied for cards with a 700 score.
Regardless I'd want to wait to apply for any card until all 3 report the negative being removed as you don't know if their going to pull Eq/ TU /Ex. They may pull Eq today and it's not updated and you get rejected with a score of 640 because of a negative.

Do you know what score you were at when you got approved for the Venture?

Yeah I was wondering about that too with the too many recent inquires. I have 5 with TU and 3 each with Experian and EQ. I don't think that's a whole lot. Only two of those are recent. The scores I had at the time I was approved for Venture are in my siggy. USAA has pre-selected me for a World Mastercard. I'm sitting on my hands trying not to press the accept button! I can't wait until I can get the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I'm mostly interested in travel rewards cards. Right now though I don't think I can get another one. So I'll wait.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's definitely not about of inquiries, I just don't know how it looks to apply for 3 cards in two months. Someone else here might. You're definitely going the right way with everything now though. Surprised they have you such a large gap between the Venture and platinum cards for being opened around the same time. Wonder if travel cards just carry higher limits?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.