Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't ask don't tell

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't ask don't tell

So I have been tirelessly rebuilding my credit for a year. A few collections and student loan issues. To be honest stuff I was aware of but just had a don't ask don't tell policy when it came to credit. Never applied to anything, kept myself liquid for the most part.
I have cleaned up all issues and the last medical collection is falling off any moment. Was reported Friday and it seems to take a few days for MyFico to reflect. Scores all range around 675. Going to a clean scoring bucket with low Aaoa I can only guess as to what will occur. Maybe a big jump? Maybe a fall from current score only to rebound over time. It's been an amazing learning experience fueled by making a better life for my new wife and baby girl. I owe the forum a lot as I was educated about credit and am completely self taught with all the posts here. Wish me luck as I would love to wake to an alert of a jump to 700+.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't ask don't tell

Congrats! I felt the same and I did a lot of work on my credit recently as well. This place is a HUGE HELP! Definitely give kudos to all of the great people around here.

When I ended up finally having all my collections removed it did add me into another bucket but I didn't see a jump in my scores. Not like I expected and some others have seen but I was able to get credit extended to me that I didn't think would happen otherwise and I credit the cleaned up profile.

It's hard to say what will happen for you but at the end of the day you're sitting pretty and just enjoy the ride!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.