Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't know what to do? TXU just won't budge

tag
down_n_out
Contributor

Don't know what to do? TXU just won't budge

I had spoke to office of the CEO several times, several people and they all refuse not to delete. In fact most of them are down right incompetent that kept telling me the account was being handled by a collection agency that I had already spoken with several times. The CA would always say the same thing they did not have my husbands acct.

So I would call back and get no where. This is from a "final" bill we never received. We switched providers and thought we had paid the last bill. Then me and my husband ended up the hospital and never got any final bill. 

So I tracked down the CEO email address and he did reply and said he would have his team look into to the issue, well over a week went by and nothing so we emailed him again and he said his team would call us. They did this time a different rep from the office of the ceo/president. He said they would remove the balance and update the ctredit report as a paid charge off. This ofcourse does not help. I wanted to pay the bill and get the acct removed but they just won't budge. funny part is when I started really trying to resolve this in December they updated the collection for the first time in 3 years and made it look new again and ofcourse you know how they love to do that and tank your score.

Had I not tried to clean my husbands reports this would have never happened. My husband has a very serious disease and needs a wheel chair most of the time, we are trying to save for a down payment for a house that accommodates the handicapped but since TXU just destroyed his score that wont happen any time soon. 

I explained his medical issues only as a last resort because it is a very personal issue and I did not want them to think it was a made up story. So up until yesterday I never mentioned my husband being in a wheel chair only the fact he and I were both hospitalized when all this occured and it was not on purpose we did not pay the final bill. 

Anyway were not asking for charity just a simple gesture to remove it from his reports and we would pay it. They just wont budge. Does anyone have anymore suggestions. Because talking to the CEO did not get me anywhere.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Don't know what to do? TXU just won't budge

Sorry for your situation.

While you certainly seem to have basis for grant of a GW deletion, in the end, it is totally up to the creditor to agree to delete in exchange for payment.

Standing in your way is their credit reporting agreement with the CRAs, which instructs furnishers not to delete based on payment of a debt.

Having gone to the top of the management chain with no results would appear to be about as final a rejection of GW as you will get with them.

All I can suggest is to try again, hopefully with a more tearful approach that might change their mind......

Message 2 of 3
down_n_out
Contributor

Re: Don't know what to do? TXU just won't budge

It's so absurd, they won't even take a payment they act their doing me favor by removing the balance they already wrote off. I'd rather pay and have it removed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.