cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't know where to begin.

tag
keyown

Don't know where to begin.

Let e start by saying hello.  I am 34 years old. My scores are 474, 474 and 531.  I want to iprove my credit and don't know where to even start.  Any help would be greatly apreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't know where to begin.

Step 1 - Go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com/

Step 2 - Pull your free copies of your credit reports from ALL three credit reporting agencies

Step 3 - Read the Rebuilding forums backwards and forwards

Step 4 - Start cleaning up those reports.

Message 2 of 8
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

What Creditfitness said Smiley Wink   Get busy. And when you think you've read enough, read some more.!

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 8
RBFool
Contributor

@keyown wrote:

Let e start by saying hello.  I am 34 years old. My scores are 474, 474 and 531.  I want to iprove my credit and don't know where to even start.  Any help would be greatly apreciated. 

What creditfitnesstoo said is right on the money.

Beyond that: One bite at a time. It's a learning process as much as it takes time. Credit is a marathon not a sprint. You have to research and learn to do what you want to do. Take your time and go slow. Ask for help but read/research and become comfortable with the forum. It's going to be your best FREE resource for this.

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 4 of 8
keyown

Thanks for commenting. I got the reports and I have about 8000 total debt, roughly 5500 is old medical bills. I don't have a mortgage, car is paid for, no student loans, and only credit card is an American express that I'm the authorized user on limit is 22000 balance is $31 if that helps
Message 5 of 8
keyown

Had a old sprint phone bill for 500 paid the settlement price of 251 yesterday what do I do next.
Message 6 of 8
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

You can try sending Sprint a goodwill letter and asking if they will remove the listing off your credit.

Message 7 of 8
keyown

OK have to read up on goodwill letter and it was in collections with diversified do I send it to them or sprint
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.