Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done With Cap One App'g

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Done With Cap One App'g

I would do as she asked , correct one of the two, and call them and tell them that you have. However , taking another hit to get the card(s) I'm not sure it's worth it right now. Wait it out, and grow with what you have , get another rebuilder loan, if you really feel you need the card opt for an open sky. Yes it is secured but you will take no hit to your CR.  And in maybe in 6 mos-1yr if you really want one of CapO's products,reapply, but by then you'll probably be on to better options.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Message 21 of 28
dznen1
Regular Contributor

I called the three credit bureaus and they all said there were no fraud alerts and will send new reports so that I can see that there are none. One said that in the comment section it did state that "I might be the victim of fraud", but not actual alert where I would need to add a valid phone # or have an alert removed seeing there is no fraud alert.

I already have the Open Sky cc and one rebuilder loan.  At the moment it has helped my score tremendously.  Today I received a report from Experian showing that the 2 ambulance collections have been deleted.  Not sure I will see a score boost as they are from 2014 but, I am glad that that were deleted nonetheless.   Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dznen1 wrote:

I called the three credit bureaus and they all said there were no fraud alerts and will send new reports so that I can see that there are none. One said that in the comment section it did state that "I might be the victim of fraud", but not actual alert where I would need to add a valid phone # or have an alert removed seeing there is no fraud alert.

I already have the Open Sky cc and one rebuilder loan.  At the moment it has helped my score tremendously.  Today I received a report from Experian showing that the 2 ambulance collections have been deleted.  Not sure I will see a score boost as they are from 2014 but, I am glad that that were deleted nonetheless.   Smiley Happy

You might try opening an account with SDFCU and get one of their secured cards. A second card will boost your scores, and combined with the two removals should get you a good bounce. Keep your UTI low and re-app in 90 days or so.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can u become an AU on someone else's card?
Message 24 of 28
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks Shamrockblack.  I possibly could ask some family member to be an AU but, I really would rather not.  I know that might be a good way to help my situation.  I would rather leave that as a last resort.

Message 25 of 28
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Praise GOD!!!!

On the phone with Cap One and I was just told that I Am Approved for the secured card!  Can I just say how goooood it feels to see some progress in my credit rebuilding journey?

I had called last night to let them know that after speaking with the three credit bureaus,.  I was told that I do not  have a fraud alerts and I told that to Cap One.  They then after much holding said that they could see that I had none and that I would know the outcome in 5 days.  What????   You said that was the reason for my pending app.  Anywhooo, bottom line, after asking that they not pull my reports yet again, they did pull today.  

I was finally told I am approved for $200 with a $99 security deposit.   The rep said it will take about three weeks to receive my card.

Now, I have the Capital One Secured card $200, the Open Sky secured card $200 and my Credit Union credit rebulder loan for $500.

Y'all, this MyFico community, are absolutely wonderful, encouraging and supportive.  I am so appreciative for all advice,  sharing, etc given.  Thanks  

Message 26 of 28
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Glad you got it... get yourself established with a good record,,work on the reports and all will come out gravy as those HP's drop off and reports cleaning up along with the good history you'll be building ..your set now..
Best of luck to ya on your journey...

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can appreciate that, it took me a month to get the courage to ask and then I found out I was already an AU on that person's card, lol. I'm not one for asking for help but it was too much of an emergency situation, my car insurance alone is down 50 bucks a month since becoming AU. I had too much to lose from not doing the AU route
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.