Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done for a while...Good progress today

tag
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Done for a while...Good progress today

Still working on trying to get charge offs from years ago deleted, but in the mean time I was wanting to add another Secured MC through USAA with just an initial 250 deposit. And a Fingerhut 150 CL. I am going to be content with this for now and continue to grow my secured line up to the 5000 limit as I did with the other one. That will give me 3 solid revolving lines of credit to lay a better foundation. No more inquiries...Just excited and wanted to share Smiley Happy

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
xp2inc3x
Valued Member

Re: Done for a while...Good progress today

does usaa secured cedit card graduate?

Message 2 of 6
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I know they will review after 12 months for an unsecured card. Then at 2 years when the CD matures you can opt out and pending payment history the rep said I will "more than likely" be viewed favorably. So to answer your question....yes but I am not positive when.

Message 3 of 6
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Also for what it is worth...my first USAA secured card reported very quickly and I gained quite a bit in the credit score dept. And so I guess I wanted to see what 2 would do.

Message 4 of 6
xp2inc3x
Valued Member

oh ok what are the requirements to become eligible for this card you know? like some some secured card require you just not to have a bk in the past year etc.

Message 5 of 6
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Well I cant be sure but I can tell you that I have "bad" credit 3 collections and 13 "bad" or "charge off"...and this is my 2nd with them and I am very happy with USAA in all aspects banking, investing, insurance, etc. I say go for it just have the 250 deposit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.