Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with trying for a Barclay card

tag
jenne223
New Contributor

Done with trying for a Barclay card

I'm just frustrated! It seems from a lot of different posts that Barclays is good at giving chances.  I have applied 3x and denied. I have also tried recons with them b/c it was said they are awesome with that and denied for different reasons. After fixing the reasons given, I wait a few months and then get a new reason.  Then they won't give me any timeframe for anything...Smiley Frustrated

I know that my credit is not the best, but its just so frustrating to keep trying and get knocked down continually.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Done with trying for a Barclay card

I always thought Barclays was a tough one.

I've heard they have instances where they will approve you for a certain credit limit, but then if they find you applying for other credit cards, they will cut your credit limit in half or if your card is reaching its expiration date and they see that you opened new credit cards or have too many inquiries they will just close the account. 

Message 2 of 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@jenne223 wrote:

I'm just frustrated! It seems from a lot of different posts that Barclays is good at giving chances.  I have applied 3x and denied. I have also tried recons with them b/c it was said they are awesome with that and denied for different reasons. After fixing the reasons given, I wait a few months and then get a new reason.  Then they won't give me any timeframe for anything...Smiley Frustrated

I know that my credit is not the best, but its just so frustrating to keep trying and get knocked down continually.

Sorry to see your frustration. Never give up!!!!!! What is on your credit reports that might be holding you back? Did they state to you the reason for the denial in the recon?

Message 3 of 16
jenne223
New Contributor

Hi, the first time I had an old repo, that one was in the middle of being paid.  It was paid and taken off the reports so I waited and tried again.  The second time it was I didn't have enough time with the (new) cards i had aquired, only a few months old, but they couldn't give me a time frame as to what was a period of them watching my credit.  I'd done ok with a cap1 card and car loan and student loan, but she had said pretty much no they still wanted to wait and see.  So now I tried again, this makes about another few months of me waiting, but no again b/c again I had recent credit. But it was a cap 1 card I had gotten at the same time as the others, but (I forgot) just started reporting maybe 3 mos ago. So that is what she specifically stated was new credit, capital one....and I was thinking cap1 is just as old as the others, but like I said it didn't report immediately so that is the new prob.  But I guess if Barclay's gives that many problems, I should just wait it out until my scores are raised high enough for the other prime cards...

Transunion is actually my best score right now.  In a year from like 560 to 653.  For me that is a big deal because before I knew anything about credit I was sitting in the low 500's. 

Message 4 of 16
jenne223
New Contributor

I have 2 cap1 cards.  The second one is new and took maybe 3 mos before it started reporting.  Just to clear up my reply : ).  That 2nd card is what she specifically referred to today for the "new credit".

Message 5 of 16
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

I just asked my sister if her Barclays card was hard to get... she got one in 2011 with a credit limit of $2,500, and she had 4 judgements on her CRs from 2009 and a few things in collections... but had an auto loan and mortage that were never late...and she said when she applied online, they denied her, but then a week later the card came in the mail with an approval letter without her even calling for a recon... weird. 

Message 6 of 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@jenne223 wrote:

I have 2 cap1 cards.  The second one is new and took maybe 3 mos before it started reporting.  Just to clear up my reply : ).  That 2nd card is what she specifically referred to today for the "new credit".

When I started my credit fixing journey back in Oct I had a score of 495. After months learn from very smart people on here, Getting a consumer attorney invovled for other things that had to be handled legally I can happily say Im at 735 pretty much across all 3 CRA's. It does take time and patients. Take one step at a time. Let those 2 cards age a bit, keep on time payments going and you will be fine. Don't give up and if you do I will be upset!!!!! LOL...Promise me don't give up? pretty please with cheese on top? Keep me update on your progress!!!

Your friendly neighborhood Community Leader DaBears!!!!!

Message 7 of 16
jenne223
New Contributor

lol. thanx so much for your support.  I will not give up.  I have received some cards that I know will grow with me. (Walmart, for instance was approved at $150 and they jumped it to $1000 on auto increase) And I even got a slight increase on my old cap1 after writing Exec Office (I learned from here!) So I will be patient and wait and promise I won't give up...

Message 8 of 16
jenne223
New Contributor

You know what Jon85, I have 1 judgement from 2007/8, that I'm waiting for it to fall out.  Barclay's never mentioned that in any of my chats with them.  They mentioned that repo in the 1st recon.  Second recon, I pointed out my great car and student loans (and the repo was removed from report), but was still told no...so I guess as I have learned also, YMMV. 

Message 9 of 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@jenne223 wrote:

lol. thanx so much for your support.  I will not give up.  I have received some cards that I know will grow with me. (Walmart, for instance was approved at $150 and they jumped it to $1000 on auto increase) And I even got a slight increase on my old cap1 after writing Exec Office (I learned from here!) So I will be patient and wait and promise I won't give up...

You know I don't shop at walmart but since you got a (cough cough ) CLI...I have been eye balling a new grill. LOLSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.