cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with trying for a Barclay card

tag
tassim003

Re: Done with trying for a Barclay card

i applied for the nfl point card in dec2012 and got denied with Tufico 650. 3 month later i applied again for the same card and got denied again with TUfico 679. i have charged off chase card in 2009 and 2 60days late car loan from wells farg. i called to recon, after they asked to verify my income and work they hit me again with a hard inquiry without my permission from EXfico 645. Now i have 3 inquires dec2012 march2013 twice. I am done with them.

Message 11 of 16
jenne223
New Contributor

So, I don't know if you will even see this @ Da Bears, but I finally got approved for that barclaycard 2 nights ago. That and a chase freedom, my first two prime cards ever. I hope you will see this post. Thx for your encouragement! Heart

Message 12 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wow congrats!! Persistence paid off!! WTG!!
Message 13 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on the new card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jenne223 wrote:

@Anonymous, I don't know if you will even see this @ Da Bears, but I finally got approved for that barclaycard 2 nights ago. That and a chase freedom, my first two prime cards ever. I hope you will see this post. Thx for your encouragement! Heart

Good story here, WTG, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
toi34
Established Contributor

What I have noticed with the Recon folks is that they really don't know, that they summise what the 'possible' reasons may be, but they really don't know, and that's why you feel you're getting the run around. I got approved for a Barclay's Apple Visa with a 634 TU, multiple inq's, multiple GE new accounts, and a 3 y/o repo (paid)....so you see what I'm saying?

Wait for your Cap 1 cards to hit exactly 1 year, paly the 1-9% games, then apply again.

Good Luck!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.