Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont Understand Equifax Deletion!!!

tag
Goodness
Regular Contributor

Dont Understand Equifax Deletion!!!

can someone tell me what date do i look at for SOL for removal Date of 1st Delinquency or Date of 1st Reported

EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
srchick
Regular Contributor

Re: Dont Understand Equifax Deletion!!!

I'm pretty sure it is the "Date of first delinquency" not the "Date first reported".  You can verify through previous threads that deal with this issue.

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 2 of 5
Goodness
Regular Contributor

thanks just getting so cofused trying to repair my credit myself

EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 3 of 5
srchick
Regular Contributor

From personal experience in the land of rebuilding, I focus on "one" report at a time, ie, TU which is now squeaky clean of baddies, collections, etc.  When I finished with it, then I started on Experian.  I got a couple of items still pending, and will then attack EQ.  For me it was easier to do it this way rather than going after all three at once. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to absorb all the info from the forum while applying what you've learned to your individual situation.  As others have said on rebuilding, "it's a marathon, not a sprint", but eventually you'll see steady and consistent progress.  Just keep at it faithfully, and do not get discouraged. In February 2013 I had a score of 568.  My TU is now 660, EQ is 656, and EX is 689 (FAKO).  By year's end, I'm aiming for 700 and my determination will get me there. You can do it.

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 4 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

You want to look for the date of first delinquency as the CRTP is concerned. I believe Equifax calls it the date of last activity or DOLA.

The date it was first reported has nothing to do with how long it will stay on your reports.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.