Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double reported?

tag
Michael982
Contributor

Double reported?

My first credit card was several years ago with BoA. I ended up butchering that account as I as still a teen and didnt really care about it. Well i had a several lates and it went to collections. Well i finally got smart and paid collections and the closed the account, unfortunately I wasnt too keen on credit repair at the time and didnt know about PFD. Well as i was looking at mr credit BoA reported and all 3 bureaus that the account was settled with less than full balance. Also the collection agency reported on experian the same thing. So there are 2 refrences to the same thinng on experian. Is this legal or should i contact them and have this removed? Im in the process of writing BoA a GW letter, but i wanted to see if there were any other actions i oculd take? The collection agency doesnt really show any reference to BoA and the open date was 9/1/2008 so itll get dropped pretty soon anyways (7 years from open date..corrent me if im wrong..).

Any guidance will be helpful includint BoA GW emails or mailing address.

Freedom$6,000 CSP$11,000 IT$4,000 BCE$16,200 SallieMae$5,000 NFCU$14,000 Macys$1,000 United$5,000

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Re: Double reported?

The original creditor and the collection agency can both report about the single account.

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Double reported?

@Michael982 wrote:

My first credit card was several years ago with BoA. I ended up butchering that account as I as still a teen and didnt really care about it. Well i had a several lates and it went to collections. Well i finally got smart and paid collections and the closed the account, unfortunately I wasnt too keen on credit repair at the time and didnt know about PFD. Well as i was looking at mr credit BoA reported and all 3 bureaus that the account was settled with less than full balance. Also the collection agency reported on experian the same thing. So there are 2 refrences to the same thinng on experian. Is this legal or should i contact them and have this removed? Im in the process of writing BoA a GW letter, but i wanted to see if there were any other actions i oculd take? The collection agency doesnt really show any reference to BoA and the open date was 9/1/2008 so itll get dropped pretty soon anyways (7 years from open date..corrent me if im wrong..).

Any guidance will be helpful includint BoA GW emails or mailing address.

OK... sorry, but you're wrong.  It's not from the open date, it's from the DoFD, when the account went in arrears and wasn't brought current.  So essentially it's when the debt went bad, not when it was opened.

There can be 2 different TLs for the same debt.  One is the OC, the other the CA.  So there is problems with that. 

You will need to find out when the account went bad.  In the mean time, you could try GWs to both the OC and the CA.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.