Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down but not Out!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Down but not Out!

Sadness. I called Firstsource Advantage because they hold all my medical debt that's in collections. Apparently, there's a new one about to be reported that I thought I had taken care of. Is it better to pay the two smaller amounts that I can handle (and try to get them deleted) and let them report the larger amounts? I asked about settling, but even then, that's going to be around $2,500, which I do not have. 

In other news, I've sent out a couple goodwill letters to Capital One and Merrick Bank about single late payments that are also dragging me down. Hopefully, they'll come back with some good news. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Down but not Out!

I dont think that the Fico score system cares about the amounts as much as the number of CA accounts.

A diifferent way to say it is that a 2000 CA counts as one, a 50 CA counts as two, and a 75 CA counts as 3.  If you settle the 75 and the 50, you eliminate 2 CAs and you only have one remaining. 

Sometimes it takes multiple GW letter attempts to get them to cave in, sometimes they never do.

The lates, as long as 30 or 60 day at most, will have a lesser effect as time goes on.  After a year, smaller effect, after two years, smaller again, etc.

Keep trying and never give up and never stop watching closely.

GL

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Down but not Out!

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think that the Fico score system cares about the amounts as much as the number of CA accounts.

A diifferent way to say it is that a 2000 CA counts as one, a 50 CA counts as two, and a 75 CA counts as 3.  If you settle the 75 and the 50, you eliminate 2 CAs and you only have one remaining. 

Sometimes it takes multiple GW letter attempts to get them to cave in, sometimes they never do.

The lates, as long as 30 or 60 day at most, will have a lesser effect as time goes on.  After a year, smaller effect, after two years, smaller again, etc.

Keep trying and never give up and never stop watching closely.

GL

Ah! Good info. Thanks. I will definitely not give up. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.