Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down to the last few - strategy for dealing with Asset Acceptance

tag
fixingitohio
Contributor

Down to the last few - strategy for dealing with Asset Acceptance

As some may know, my goal card is Amex for traveling for job.  Been at this process for about 8 months.

Scores now are 665TU/684EQ/669EX, all myFICO pulls.  Lots of student loans nearly paid off and reporting good status across the board.  All PR's and all but one collection removed. AAoA is 14+ years.  2 Revolving, WM and Discover (3 if you count on some reports that AAC shows as revolving ????).

I'm down to my last baddy(ies).

I have a CapOne Paid CO 5.5 years old.  I have an unpaid CO from CreditOne that is also 5.5 years old with a corresponding Asset Acceptance collection account.

I've had offers from them to pay 40% to settle it.  I've contemplated that, but held off until I got everything else cleaned up.  My goal is to app for Amex charge in late Nov/Dec (waiting for a couple of INQ's to age off and push down util to 9%).

What's been your experience with regard to Amex?  When util is paid down, I'm guessing I will bump 700.  Will Amex care about a paid or unpaid CO that old?  Is it better to pay it and be done with it before going in to Amex?  PIF or settle?

When I get util down (the end of this month, report the first week of Nov), my goal is to talk to GE and DIscover for CLI's, wondering if I time it right if they'll report the higher limits before I app Amex.

Thoughts on how to deal with AAC?  From my research, they're not very PFD or GW friendly.

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Down to the last few - strategy for dealing with Asset Acceptance

I have never dealt with Asset, but from what I have read, its pretty much a must that all CO's and CA's must be paid for Amex.  I had my reports completely clean before even attempting. I think that they even like to see that they have been paid for a while. Were you looking for an Amex charge card or revolving?  I hear that charge cards are easier to qualify for.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.