cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivetime GW letter...how does this look?

tag
dadembk
Established Member

Drivetime GW letter...how does this look?

Dxxxx G Xxxxxxx
123 Some Drive
My Town, USA 12345

June 12, 2013

DT Credit Company, LLC
PO Box 29018
Phoenix, AZ 85038

RE: account #xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear sir or madam,

In a letter dated January 21, 2013 DT Credit extended an opportunity to settle the remaining debt on the outstanding balance of the above referenced account. I was able to accept this offer and paid with a money order from a local institution, this payment was mailed on April 1st and cleared the bank on April 8th. This is well before the date required of April 21st.

Just as you guys are glad to have this issue resolved, I look forward to putting chapter behind me as well. I have checked my credit reports for the last few months and this debt still reports as open with a balance due.

Can you possibly delete this account from my credit reports? I understand your legally required to report debt accurately, but your not required to report all debt. DT Finance noted in the offer letter that my credit reports would be updated upon receipt of the payment, but the update has not yet occurred.

I hope you can fulfill this good will request and allow me to move past this difficult time as I become more responsible with my personal finances.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Dxxxx G Xxxxxxxx
AKA The Fictional Gardener
In the garden, then out, then in again, etc.
Currently
Fico 691 (Barclay), Fico 671 (Experian)
Goal
700 across the board

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
qd
Regular Contributor

Re: Drivetime GW letter...how does this look?

Did they ever your credit report as Settled for Less than or change balance to 0 or anything like that, or does it still show complete balance that was owed?  Did their letter they sent you in January state they would delete or remove it from your credit report?  I haven't had much luck with GW letters, but have heard some had luck when they had a letter from the CA stating they would delete but never actually did.  You could send that letter to the CRA and ask them to remove since the CA stated they would but never did.  The letter looks fine to me, but GW letters seem to differ from person to person...some are very person...handwritten even...almost begging them for help while others are all professional almost stating their demands.  Anywhere in the middle sounds good to me Smiley Wink  Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
dadembk
Established Member

DT has failed to update my report since I've paid. They reported every month since I turned it in(voluntary repo 2010), now that I have paid their settlement offer and they stopping updating. What gives? They stated in their letter they would update the file as settled and zero the balance.

I'm in the garden and only trying to fertilize and tend right now, but I want to land a real Amex after the gardening. I feel like need to work the field. Hopefully I can find some sympathy in regard to DT not following thru.
Currently
Goal
700 across the board

Message 3 of 6
qd
Regular Contributor

GW letter sounds like the way to go...enclose a copy of the letter they sent you.  If unresponsive after a few attempts, you can try disputing with CRA as not reporting accurately...dispute via mail and enclose letter as well.

Message 4 of 6
dadembk
Established Member

Thanks for the direction.
Currently
Goal
700 across the board

Message 5 of 6
mo_babee

So, how did it go???  Was the GW successful???  Inquiring minds want to know... Smiley Happy

Starting FICO Score: (5/1/2013): Ex: 546 TU: 515 Eq:497

Starting USAA Score (4/17/2013): Ex: 566 TU: 552 Eq: 552
Current USAA Score: (4/30/2013): Ex: 566 TU: 552 Eq: 552

Goal Middle Score: 620 for VA Loan
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.