cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop of 16 points one day and (literally) up 20 points the next? Huh?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drop of 16 points one day and (literally) up 20 points the next? Huh?

So, my FICO score as monitred on myfico.com alerted me uf a drop of 16 points yesterday but then today it jumped up 20?  What in the world?  What could have caused this...nothing new has shown up on my reports and I'm disputig stuff, but haven't heard back from creditors yet.

I also monitor my score on another website and it monitors my TU score and it dropped yesterday as well, but stayed down--no jump back up...what's going on?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Drop of 16 points one day and (literally) up 20 points the next? Huh?

kt_scarlett007

This explanation was recently posted by flyingifr in another forum.  But I think it applies here.

While FICO has admitted that certain factors enter into the calculation of their Credit Score, and these factors include

* Amount and type of debt owed
* Payment history
* Percentage of Lines used
* Length of time in Credit File, among others...

FICO has refused to tell how these factors enter into play, leaving us all to wonder what FICO isn't telling us.

My guess is that the factors that enter into the equation that they aren't telling us include, but are not limited to:

* the pattern of chicken bones when they are they are thrown against a wall
* the contents of the entrails of a pig when examined by a qualified seer
* the path of smoke as it rises from a fire made of Saguaro Roots and Hypatia leaves after being sprinkled with the blood of a virgin 

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

I think someone on another thread said it may have been related to the SW snafu from a few weeks ago.  As the system is trying to work through the backlog of updates it's spitting out updates back to back, even though the actual changes to your report may have occured weeks ago. 
Message 3 of 5
Danique
Regular Contributor

Your guess at what they're not telling us really made me LOL... Thanks for the laugh, I definitely needed it...
Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

Current scores as of 2/06/2017
EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

CapOne Quicksilver- $2,500

NFCU CashRewards - $12500

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmeagain wrote:

kt_scarlett007

This explanation was recently posted by flyingifr in another forum.  But I think it applies here.

While FICO has admitted that certain factors enter into the calculation of their Credit Score, and these factors include

* Amount and type of debt owed
* Payment history
* Percentage of Lines used
* Length of time in Credit File, among others...

FICO has refused to tell how these factors enter into play, leaving us all to wonder what FICO isn't telling us.

My guess is that the factors that enter into the equation that they aren't telling us include, but are not limited to:

* the pattern of chicken bones when they are they are thrown against a wall
* the contents of the entrails of a pig when examined by a qualified seer
* the path of smoke as it rises from a fire made of Saguaro Roots and Hypatia leaves after being sprinkled with the blood of a virgin 

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying laughing!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.