Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop off dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drop off dates

When can I find this on my CR? I'm trying to determine the drop off dates of all my baddies, is it 180 days after date of last activities?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Drop off dates

For monthly delinquencies reported by the OC:

7 years from the date of each.

For charge-offs and collections, 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency on the OC account.

Last activity is meaningless.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 7 yr clock starts at the first date of default.

Some CRA list the fall off month & year, some list a different fall off date from another CR, and some don't list the fall off date.

TU listed the fall off date for 6/8 of my baddies, EXP listed 2/8 and EQ didn't list any.

Message 3 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The 7 year period begins 180 days after the DOFD, and not from the DOFD.

DOFD is relevant only to collections and charge-offs.  It has no relevance to the exclusion date of any monthly delinquencies.

Message 4 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

EX and TU CR's will have the drop off dates listed. EQ CR's will show the DoFD.

Drop off dates depends on what the baddie is.

Most baddies will drop off 7yrs from the DoFD.

CA's are 7.5yrs from the DoFD

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lightning, maybe I am blind, but I don't see any where on the EQ and tu reports that indicated the drop off dates. Could you guys please help me find this info on the reports? I pulled my reports from here, myfico.
Message 6 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

I dont have a myFICO  CR in front of me to look.

But try to get your Free CR's from annualcreditreport.com

These reports come directly from the big 3 CRA.

You can get one CR from each of the CRA's every 12months.

annualcreditreport.com has more info on them, then the ones from a third party.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks lightnin! I will try that and see
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lightning, maybe I am blind, but I don't see any where on the EQ and tu reports that indicated the drop off dates. Could you guys please help me find this info on the reports? I pulled my reports from here, myfico.

Not all of the Credit Bureaus list the drop off dates, hard or soft copies.  A few on my Exp. listed a drop off date, majority on the TU list a drop off date (and to be even more confusing the fall off dates have differed from the ones on EXP.) and EQ didn't list any drop off dates.

There were drop off dates for every positive, soft and hard pull.  Just not on every negative.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just access my crs from annualcreditreport and EQ shows that I have 5% Utilization rate on my revolving and 86% on installment (student loan), this is good right? My overall is 67%. Should the revolving uti rate increase my score if I continue like that for 6-12 mos?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.