Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to fall off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to fall off?

hi all,

I have an item on my equifax report that shows date of first delinquency to be 6/2009. When should i expect it to come off my report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Due to fall off?

June of this year. You can call EQ and ask for an EE next month since they usually won't do it earlier than 1 month.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should automatically fall of May 1st. I have 2 that had dofd 5/2009 and they fell off April 1st and 2 more for dofd 6/2009 coming off May 1st. Best bet is to call on the first and confirm it's removal and if not ask for the EE, but I'm pretty sure it'll come off on it's own.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a charged off account on my credit reports in the amount of $6400. I called each agency this morning starting with Experian. The rep at Experian advised that it was scheduled to come off in August of this year and I asked if it was possible for it to be removed any earlier. She advised that they can remove it on May 2nd... Great!! I then call Transunion, and spoke with a rep who says, they have it scheduled to come off in September. I asked was it possible for it come off any earlier. The rep says no, I'm sorry but you can dispute with the creditor to get it off.
I said no, I don't want to dispute with the creditor, I would like to know what Transunion is able to do since it is coming off in the next few months. I then ask for his manager and the rep says let me try to help you before I transfer you, I said no let me speak with your manager because you're not giving me any other options.
The manager comes on, and I ask him what can be done about getting this off earlier. He says to dispute, I say no, that would be a waste of time.. WELL GUESS WHAT HE DID??? He said, Ma'm as a courtesy, I will delete it off for you right now, and you will get an updated report in 5 to 7 days.. WHAT!!!!!! At this point I went from all professional and business like to damn near stuttering.. I say Really, you're going to delete it, today? He says yes ma'm.. Hot Damn... I figure okay let me now do Equifax..
The Equifax rep says we don't have it falling off until November. I say why is your date so different from the other two agencies. She says well that is the information we have and then she tells me, it has up to 10 years to stay on your account. I say no you're wrong, its 7, and can I speak to a manager.. She transfers me to the manager. No Luck, I didn't get my way at all with Equifax, they were not having it. The most they would do is take it off in October. Hey.. I tried and I am ecstatic about the results anyway... Wasn't that awesome?? If you have something falling off this year, call the agencies and see what can be done.. It was worth it!!!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax usually wont consider early exclusion from my experience. Transunion usually can do as early as 2 months before and experian sometimes 1 month before. Transunion is usually the easiest one to work with.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.