Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning Laws and Voice Mail, any experts on this forum

tag
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Dunning Laws and Voice Mail, any experts on this forum

I read some place on this forum were there were issues with a voice mail left on an answering machine.  I have had multiple complaints about this company myself, Second Alliance (google lots of complaints) for a student loan.  They called my Boss's daughter in law asking for me, because the daughter and my boss's son lived in my current house before I did. Nothing like getting a call from you boss stating they called his house 5 or 6 times on a saturday morning looking for me.

Second even after I asked them for no contact, my loans were in Federal Consolidation, they continued to call and harrass me, stating they were blank university (nope they were not associated with the University) requesting payment. They left multiple voice mails on my answering machine about collecting a debt, if this is not _____ please hang up, don't listen in the company of others etc.

Or is this the new FOTI message as a result of Foti vs. NCO financial.  Were the standardscript goes like this: 
"This message is for (Consumers name)if this is not(Consumers name), please hang up or disconnect. If this is (Consumers name) please continue to listen to this message. By listening to this message you acknowledge that you are (Consumers name)this is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. Please return my call to 800-XXX-XXXX."

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.