Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning Letter Action

tag
DoItDiva
Valued Member

Dunning Letter Action

I received a dunning letter from a collection agency regarding an account with Shop NBC (OC), it was sold to Oliphant Financial and now I guess it was sold to the CA who sent the letter.  I do not believe the account has reached SOL and the debt is valid for $1299.  I do not have the money to PIF.  What should I do?  Should I DV, call and try to set up a payment plan, or do a PFD or Settlement Offer?

BTW the collection has not hit my credit reports as of yet. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinanceGuy007
New Contributor

Re: Dunning Letter Action

IMO I wouldn't worry about it just yet.  Seeing how it is not on your credit report, it isn't effecting you in that area.  I would keep close watch though.  On another note,  I have sent DV's on valid debts and the collections agency could not validate, resulting in a deletions off my credit report.  Each case is different so you'll have to decide which is more effective for you?

Starting Score 12/29/2010: 475 EQ FICO
Current Score: 585 EQ FICO (10/10/11) 583 TU FICO (10/24/2011) 598 EX FICO (10/10/11)
Goal Score 12/29/2011: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
DoItDiva
Valued Member

Thank you for the advice Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I disagree and would worry just yet.  You want to act before it gets on your reports.  If it was me, I'd send a letter now demanding validation and keep copies of everything.  If it comes back validated, then arrange PFD in writing.

Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 5
DoItDiva
Valued Member

Thank You, sounds like a good plan.  Will keep you guys updated.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.