Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning Notice

tag
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

Dunning Notice

Is this a dunning notice? I've searched the forums and can't find a definition of a "dunning notice" but I think I may have one. It reads as follows .

Our client LVNV Funding is offering you a settlement of 70% 546 in 6 payments over 6 months. Once payments of (30%) $91.15 have been paid we will consider this account settled in full. Is this a DUNNING or a Settlement offer.

This is a very old account and is not reporting to any of the credit agencies. Someone please help. I only have 3 baddies on my report that I am trying to clear up by next Jan 2014.
Original Creditor: GE/Dillard's
Creditor: LVNV FUNDING but the letter came from First National Collection Bureau
Starting Score : EQ 635. TU 632 EX 635
Goal Score: 700. br >
.Nordstrom $800 Loft/$800 Cap 1/$3900 Amex BCE $9000br >
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

Re: Dunning Notice

Can anyone help me?
Message 2 of 7
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

That's a settlement offer.
Message 3 of 7
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

It's not showing on my report. Should I request them not to report if I pay this account?
Message 4 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

How old is the collection? Looks like GE/Dillards sold the account to LVNV Funding. They are now using a 3rd party to collect for them.

Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You say it's really old, could be a zombie debt, meaning it's past the SOL for judgement and past the CRTP for them to put it on your CR.  I'd send a DV.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is commonly called a "dunning notice" is defined under FDCPA 809(a).

The notice must be sent within 5 days after intitial communication with the consumer, and must contain the name of the creditor to whom the debt is owed, its amount, and advisement of the right to request, within 30-days of the notice, validation of the debt and/or the name of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.

If this was the first communication from them, they are required to follow-up with formal dunning notice within 5 days of their initial communication.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.