Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dunning letter

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums as I've been doing some substantial "credit gardening", and I have to say that all has been good and quite until today.  I pulled my TrueCredit report and there were 4 new collection accounts (returned checks) from 2003 & 3004. 

Now, I know it's been a while, but wasn't I supposed to receive a dunning letter BEFORE they posted these to my reports?  Believe me, since starting my credit repair journey, I have been ANAL about going through each and every piece of my mail and I can assure you that they never sent me a dunning letter of any sort.  If they had, I would have worked with them

These were all to a local eatery (I'm in Texas).

I have the $$ to pay these off, but will only do so if they will remove them from my reports.  BTW, the reporting agency isn't even listed as one of my creditors, and there is no contact info listed on my reports....

800FICOwannabe

07/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 696, TU - 622 (Asset Acceptance reinserted as a new collection)
06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dunning letter

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums as I've been doing some substantial "credit gardening", and I have to say that all has been good and quite until today.  I pulled my TrueCredit report and there were 4 new collection accounts (returned checks) from 2003 & 3004. 

Now, I know it's been a while, but wasn't I supposed to receive a dunning letter BEFORE they posted these to my reports?  Believe me, since starting my credit repair journey, I have been ANAL about going through each and every piece of my mail and I can assure you that they never sent me a dunning letter of any sort.  If they had, I would have worked with them

These were all to a local eatery (I'm in Texas).

I have the $$ to pay these off, but will only do so if they will remove them from my reports.  BTW, the reporting agency isn't even listed as one of my creditors, and there is no contact info listed on my reports....

I'm not sure about that but I do know that in Texas once you send them a DV letter they have 30 days to give some type of response. They cannot just stop collection efforts and take their sweet time to answer but they must respond within that 30 day period or delete the entry.

Here is the Texas statute:  Texas Finance Code

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Dunning letter

Yea i would send those DV letters off ASAP!!!! You have an advantage living a state like Texas, as i hear they are super consumer friendly. Good Luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.