cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate OC accounts disputed with TU but verified. What steps do I take next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate OC accounts disputed with TU but verified. What steps do I take next?

I disputed two accounts (through TU) as duplicates but their investigation verified the accuracy of both accounts. These accounts are classified as different types of tradelines (credit card and revolving) but are actually the same account. The past due amounts are identical.

Both accounts were closed in 2003 and TU states that Account #2 is due to fall-off my CR in 2/2010. However, Account #1 shows a 60 day payment delinquency in 4/2005. How can this occur when the account was closed in 3/2003?

So what are my next steps? Do I try to get Account #1 to fall-off my CR at the same time as Account #2 or do I try to dispute that these accounts are duplicates?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Message Edited by schlebrock on 02-03-2009 01:02 PM
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate OC accounts disputed with TU but verified. What steps do I take next?

Thanks demed.
Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate OC accounts disputed with TU but verified. What steps do I take next?

Nobody has any advice for me?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ask for a fomal investigation and request their results within 30 days per FCRA.

after the 30 days once you receive results and confirmation, file complaints with the BBB, the AGs in both states and the FTC. Then send them an ITS letter CMRRR for willful violation of the FCRA by continuing to report a duplicate tradeline.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks demed.
Message 4 of 6
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

WOW!!!!!! I have exact same type of issue going on with Time Warner. CL's are different but same amount for both! Tha NERVE!!! I will also take those same steps. What is a ITS?

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pisspoorcredit wrote:

WOW!!!!!! I have exact same type of issue going on with Time Warner. CL's are different but same amount for both! Tha NERVE!!! I will also take those same steps. What is a ITS?

Intent to Sue. Welcome to the board, if you have questions that need to be addressed as you go through your credit repair journey please start your own thread Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.