Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate hits on CR

tag
kimball00
Valued Member

Duplicate hits on CR

Is there anything in the FCRA or any other act/law/regulation that prohibits CAs from negatively reporting to the credit bureaus an account sold to them from a CC. For example my CR shows one credit card very late as I stopped paying, the account was sold to Portfolio Recovery Associated who shows the account open, delinquent, and late. How is it fair that the CC reports it late and now the CA can also do the same? I am being negatively impacted by the same account twice. Is there any way to rectify this? Thanks for the info!

MyFico: Equifax:
643 9/5/12
629 7/23/12
618 8/7/12

GOAL: 700 by 1/1/13
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Duplicate hits on CR

Unfortunately this is completely legal and also quite common. It can actually get worse though ~ if you were sued for the debt and lost in court then you'd also have a judgement to deal with.

I'd try and negotiate a PFD with the CA.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
kimball00
Valued Member

I have one account that has placed a judgment on my record... It has been "satisfied" but nevertheless it remains there indefinitely.

643 9/5/12
629 7/23/12
618 8/7/12

Message 3 of 5
kimball00
Valued Member

PFD- Pay of the remaining balance to get removed from CR?

643 9/5/12
629 7/23/12
618 8/7/12

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.