Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated Late Pays

tag
creditfreak68
Established Member

Duplicated Late Pays

Hi Everyone, 

I have an unusual situation that I'm not sure to handle, so wondering if anyone could give me some direction. Back in 2014 I was 30 days late on a credit card. Then in 2015, the credit union gave me a new credit card number and closed the old one. Everything remained the same with the new card as it was with the old one (i.e. credit limit, due date, ect.) Anyway, I notice now that both tradelines are reporting, and both are showing the late payment from 2015. This doesn't seem right to me as I never had two credit cards with them, so I was never late on two different cards as it appears on my credit reports. 

I was wondering how you might recommend disputing this exactly, and whether to do so with the OC or credit bureau? I can't fathom how this can be okay under the FCRA, so I do want it to get resolved. 

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Duplicated Late Pays

I would first make an informal call and attempt to get the creditor to delete the derogs from one or the other.

Formal disputes temporarily remove certain info from scoring, and sometimes create delays in removing the pending dispute flag.

Message 2 of 3
creditfreak68
Established Member

Re: Duplicated Late Pays

Great, thanks Robert!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.