Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicates?

I know this has probably been asked before but it looks like on my report I have the Original debtor and the CA reporting the same thing..How do I address this?Also,how does this affect my credit score?Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Duplicates?

It is totally proper.  Reporting by a debt collector is separate from any reporting by the OC, and they can and do coexistent within the same CR.

They reflect the escalating level of collection activity. 

The debt amount even appears twice.  However, when reported by the OC, the amount reflects the current amount owed to them, and when reported by a debt collector, even though the same amount, reflects the amount of debt owed to another that they are authorized to collect.  If the debt collector purchases the debt, the OC must update their debt balance to $0, and then the amount reported by the debt collector becomes both the amount they own and the amount under their collection.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicates?

So what is the proper way to deal with this....for instance when youve paid the debt?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.