Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication Collection on Equifax that I cant see on credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplication Collection on Equifax that I cant see on credit Report

Last month I disputed(Trans-world Systems) and got my last collection(paid in full) off my equifax(knocked off the other two also). 

Well its still there,so I called Equifax to see what was going on. Costumer Service Rep. said I had two of the same collection from the same collector at the same amount of money $151. Now i was able to dispute it through costumer service rep. and got a conformation number. I have searched high and low of this forum to see if this has happen to anyone else. I have read a few posts on duplicate collections but nothing on "hidden collections"

My questions are: 

How can a hidden collections be legal,and how can the same company report the same exact info twice?

How can I dispute it if it is not on my credit report?

Its doing some damage to my equifax score,687/TU733/EX720

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Duplication Collection on Equifax that I cant see on credit Report

I would first pull your complete credit report from annualcreditreport.com and see how it is reporting......

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did when I got back the Dispute Deleted file. And the collection was still on there so I called equifax.

I was on the phone with the collections company for about a hour today and they had no clue how it was reporting twice. 

Nobody at either comapny has any answers.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this happen with an att bill. It fell off. I wish I would have disputed the duplicate
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.