Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEing for spouse

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EEing for spouse

I'm sure the answer is no, but will the CRAs allow you to call in on behalf of your spouse (with all of their info and report numbers) and request EE? I handle the finances, and now credit repair, for my family and my bf has 1 big collection I'd like to EE this summer. I obviously have all of his info and account numbers and he's never had an issue with me handling these things but I just don't know if the CRAs allow it. I mean our address & phone #s match and we've got joint accounts together. It's just so much easier for me to do it since I know what to do/say and he works overnight so he's asleep during the day when I call at work.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: EEing for spouse

Technically, no.

They should not discuss information with anyone other than the named consumer.

You could be legally separated, or even recently divorced, creating legal issues with making any account changes.

However, the rep you get on the line may choose to do it.  Give it a go.

You might try to effect a deep voice......

Message 2 of 10
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Your title says spouse, but you mention "bf" in he post. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well yea legally we're not married yet but we've been together 10 years and I still handle everything legally as if we are since we will be in the near future.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I talked to EX in October the rep told me that I could take care of anything on hubby's reports since we were married. I don't know if it was just that rep or just that bureau
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's good to know. I'll just talk extra polite and hopefully they'll help me out since it's just 1 EE.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am cleaning up my husband's credit report and regularly speak with the CRB in regards to his accounts. EXPN and TU give me no trouble and will give me any information I ask for... EQFX won't speak to me at all and won't even speak to me even with him sitting right beside me and giving permission... they require you to fill out some form and fax it in blah blah blah... we have yet to do it but we are gonna have to bite the bullet because that is really the only CRB with things left to clean up... but the other two are sweet as pie and has never given me any trouble.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh that's great! I'm to worried about EQ because they won't EE more than 30 days anyways which is usually when their system automatically removes it anyway. If I can at least speak to TU and EX and EE then that's okay. 2 out of 3 decent scores isn't bad. Lol
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean I'm not worried about EQ
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This info is good to know.  I have been doing our credit rebuilding and it's a pain to have to get my husband to call in for things since his schedule is insane.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.