Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELAN finally gone

tag
JustinS
Regular Contributor

ELAN finally gone

Ok well maybe not completely gone they're still on EQ until they get done with their "dispute" process (we all know how EQ is about removals). Got stuck out of work for roughly 2yrs a long while ago (read as roughly 8-9 years back) and obviously been picking up the pieces since. Long story short since then got all derogs cleaned up and/or goodwilled off except for ELAN (they wouldn't budge and CRAs wouldn't either). Since then have bought a house and gotten married and now finally ELAN is kicking the bucket off of TU and EX.

Anyone who's getting discouraged this is yet another success story of calling TU for an early deletion - just be certain and talk to the right person... a lot of their front line reps don't have access to do actual removals directly - had to get transferred to a supervisor myself to have it taken care of.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: ELAN finally gone

Congrats. I think TU and EXP are the easiest to get early exclusions from. However EQ wasn't as nice to me Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 5
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@ssondubs wrote:
Congrats. I think TU and EXP are the easiest to get early exclusions from. However EQ wasn't as nice to me Smiley Sad

Yeah but one has to try right? In any case EXP actually had removed it before I called (my triple pull with privacyguard from last month still had it shown so must of been literally days ago). Regardless with EX doing the removal already I figured I should have good luck with TU (once I got through to a supervisor was a non-issue). Hopefully EQ doesn't play hard ball on me - as if they do I'll be stuck filing complaints/etc against EQ directly.

Message 4 of 5
JustinS
Regular Contributor

With a CFPB complaint against Equifax finally got this erroneous ELAN debt off all 3 of my files. Only took forever but I guess good things come to those who wait does have meaning at times Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.