cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENHANCED RECOVERY COLLECTION - DELETED!!

tag
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

ENHANCED RECOVERY COLLECTION - DELETED!!

Wooo Hoo!!! What a GREAT way to start any day! I just checked my Experian credit report and noticed a 19 point score increase due to the deletion of an invalidated collections account from Enhanced Recovery. I sent a DV letter to Enhanced Recovery back on June 1 and after waiting 45 days, I sent a request for deletion of this account to the 3 credit bureaus due to invalidation. I am hoping to see this collection drop off of my Equifax and TransUnion reports within the next few days.

I am a newbie to this Forum but have already received huge benefits from the tips shared by this community.

~*~ A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!! ~*~  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: ENHANCED RECOVERY COLLECTION - DELETED!!

Congrats!!!!  Very happy for you!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 14
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Thank You!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@missy66 wrote:

Wooo Hoo!!! What a GREAT way to start any day! I just checked my Experian credit report and noticed a 19 point score increase due to the deletion of an invalidated collections account from Enhanced Recovery. I sent a DV letter to Enhanced Recovery back on June 1 and after waiting 45 days, I sent a request for deletion of this account to the 3 credit bureaus due to invalidation. I am hoping to see this collection drop off of my Equifax and TransUnion reports within the next few days.

I am a newbie to this Forum but have already received huge benefits from the tips shared by this community.

~*~ A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!! ~*~  Smiley Tongue

Is your EX a FICO or FAKO?

FICO through a lender (anytime)

FICO through PSECU (12th of the month)

So when you say you just checked your EX credit report and saw a 19 points bump, you mena you bought your score also?

Message 4 of 14
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

I have to admit that I am a little confused about whether the Experian membership I subscribe to provides me with a true FICO or "FAKO" score. Either way, a 19 point jump is a good indicator of overall improvement in my credit health.

Message 5 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@missy66 wrote:

I have to admit that I am a little confused about whether the Experian membership I subscribe to provides me with a true FICO or "FAKO" score. Either way, a 19 point jump is a good indicator of overall improvement in my credit health.

If you bought your score directly from Experian then it's a FAKO what EX calls a pluscore.

You can only obtain you FICO through a lender to via a credit union in PA.

FAKO's are useless in the sense that they do not reflect your true score that 99% of lenders/banks use.

For example, my Experian (EX) plusscore this month was 651 but my FICO was 630.

That said, you can buy your EQ and TU 98 FICO on here. I mentioned TU98 because, there is a newer version of TU and it's TU04 that's becoming mainstream. But a lot of lenders still use the TU98. As to the difference between TU98 and TU04, I do not know.

Hope that helps

Message 6 of 14
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

FICO or FAKO... IMHO doesn't matter because you're one step closer to better credit! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE DELETION!!!!!! I hope you see score increases across the board!!!!!

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 14
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

Thanks Everyone! You all are the best!! Smiley Tongue

BTW...Checked my Experian credit file and Enhanced Recovery fell off today. 7 point increase to my EQ FICO score!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old was the collection if you don't mind me asking?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.