Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENHANCED RECOVERY FOR SPRINT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ENHANCED RECOVERY FOR SPRINT

Hey everyone! Lots of great info is available, and I do appreciate everything I have been able to sift through in order to better improve my credit scores.  I am currently in the process of trying to qualify for an FHA loan, and after speaking with my loan officer, I do have a few questions about trying to negotiate over the phone on a pay for delete (due to the time sensitive nature of this-- I'm currently six months pregnant with twins). 

I have to go up for battle with Enhanced Recovery on a Sprint bill $396 dating back to Feb 2010. I am willing to pay it in full in exchange for a deletion from all three reporting agencies. I do not have time available to send them this offer in writing and wait for a response. Any tips on how to obtain this type of agreement over the phone? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ENHANCED RECOVERY FOR SPRINT

I would call Sprint ask them to recall the CA in exchange for full payment immediately. If they agree and then fail to follow through you can file a shoddy business practice case with the BBB. Normally I would not do things over the phone but you are time constrained and this is the fastest thing I can think of. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Have you sent ERC a DV? 

A lot of times they can't verify your debt and send it back to Sprint right away and you can try to pay that way.

Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not. Is this something I can do via email from their website? I know traditionally I'd send them a certified letter, but I'm a little crunched for time to do that. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talked to ERC this morning. Rep and supervisor both told me absolute no go on PFD. They say the best they'll do is a paid in full letter. The supervisor also said he'll start the debt validation process. I am just so discouraged. Do I try again? I wouldn't be calling to handle this normally, but time is of the essence here.
Message 5 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Rebuilding - 

Try not to create multiple threads for the same issue please.

I would do exactly what was suggested earlier with calling sprint to say if they recall fromt he CA, that you will pay the balance in full immediately.

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.