Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS - ATT MOBILITY, RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EOS - ATT MOBILITY, RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES

Hi I'm new here. I recently started taking my credit score seriously and have been reading on how to get out of debt. I recently disputed all my collections with one of the credit bureaus. I recently got another EOS CCA that says "we have reviewed our records and request your assistance in providing additional info in an effort to expedite resolution. What should my next step be?

Also I received a letter from my resurgent capital services account which I also disputed. It says they initiated a review on the account. Then at the bottom it says "unless you notify us within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt, or any portion of it, we will assume this debt is valid." What should I do?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EOS - ATT MOBILITY, RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi I'm new here. I recently started taking my credit score seriously and have been reading on how to get out of debt. I recently disputed all my collections with one of the credit bureaus. I recently got another EOS CCA that says "we have reviewed our records and request your assistance in providing additional info in an effort to expedite resolution. What should my next step be? Nothing its up to them to validate/verify

Also I received a letter from my resurgent capital services account which I also disputed. It says they initiated a review on the account. Then at the bottom it says "unless you notify us within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt, or any portion of it, we will assume this debt is valid." What should I do? Send DV, I will caution you if this is within your states SOL be careful as they can still sue, its generally a good idea not to polk the bear unless you have the funds to PIF.    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the timely reply and valuable information. How likely are they to sue if the account is just under $300.00? Also while EOS CCA is reviewing my file. What does that mean exactly? Are they still going to report to the credit bureaus? What if they are reviewing for a really long time, am I supposed to just wait for them while they continue to report to the credit bureaus? Any thoughts would be helpful!

Message 3 of 13
eric19k
Established Contributor

Do not give more than your name and account number. If they don't have it then they will not report it.
Look for DV letter and send them email and then follow up with certified mail.
If they didn't report it yet then I would settle with them before it hits your report. Make sure to get everything in writing
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything has hit my CR. I am waiting to validate the credit before making a settlement offer. I am waiting on EOS CCA to finish reviewing my file per gdales advice. Also per gdales advice I am sending a handwritten DV letter to resurgent capital services through certified mail because I did not find an email for them.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I am wrote the debt validation letters for each of the current three collectors agencies. Per Noah's suggestion I wrote,"You claim I owe you a debt. In accordance with FDCPA, send me validation of this debt." Then my full name and address on the bottom. Tomorrow I will send the two letters via certified mail.

Also for a question I asked earlier. Can EOS CCA still report to the credit bureaus while they are still reviewing my file?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a credit report that I saved on my computer. I found that it has 7 negative marks on my credit report. I have disputed the amount of most of these because my records do not agree with theirs. I disputed these on 6-25-2014. Most of these are under investigation. I received several letters two of which state that they need notification within thiry days or else I agree with the debt. The two are Resurgent Capital Services, and Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. After all of the investigations are through, and the amounts are fixed or [hopefully] some of the collections are off my account. Is sending a PFD a good idea? I found a really good one on the forums. I have been setting aside money to pay for these collections. Most of them by the way are due off my account on 2017. 

Anyway just updates through my process of rebuilding my credit. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on my rebuilding process. Today I sent DV letters, to Convergent Outsourcing and Resurgent Capital Services. I sent them through Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested. Let us say they take a year or two to validate this debt. Will this still be on my credit report?

Message 8 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

EOS CCA should be fairly simple to have deleted.  They're really decent.  Chances are, they'll remove.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc, Honestly I really hope so. I did not send them a DV, I just disputed them with EX. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.