Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS CCA Drama

tag
vpanos1787
Valued Member

EOS CCA Drama

Im going to keep this short and sweet.
I sent EOS CCA a debt validation certified mail about a week ago and already received back information from them. This is my debt however, the bill that was from Cingular that was then sold to AT&T. I have contacted them about the original contract with my signature to validate that it's okay for them to tack on interest and fees but the rude man I deal with says it was done via IVR system which was back in 2005. I don't remember this at all. So AT&T has nothing but itemized bills.
I have filed BBB complaints, diputed on credit reports and validated debt with collection agency.
Im stuck.
Should we contact a lawyer? I've never admitted to the debt but tried to settle verbally and the man would not send it in writing before settling, he said he needed the money first.
I have also emailed the contacts "Scott" from the forums sent me.

I have saw some have sent an email to the CEO of the company. Could someone send me that information or someone who can help PFD this account from EOS CCA?

Any info would be great.
Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: EOS CCA Drama

Message 2 of 7
vpanos1787
Valued Member

@guiness56 wrote:

When is the DoFD? 

I'm not understanding what the issue is.

DOFD is July 2007

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the DoFD is 07 how could another CA tack on interest and fees in 05? 

Is that who IVR systems are, a CA?

Message 4 of 7
vpanos1787
Valued Member

@guiness56 wrote:

If the DoFD is 07 how could another CA tack on interest and fees in 05? 

Is that who IVR systems are, a CA?

AT&T is saying that the contract was set up virtually through their IVR system so they have nothing for me as far as contracts go.
This account went into collections in 2007.

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they don't have a contact the CA cannot tack on interest and fees unless your state allows it.

Message 6 of 7
DickL
New Visitor

Actually AT&T didn't purchase the Cingular debt.  Cingular was owned in part by SBC and SBC bought out their partner and renamed themselves AT&T... bottom line, same company... new name.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.