Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS CCA- HELP PLEASE

tag
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

EOS CCA- HELP PLEASE

I have an account with a local college that was turned over to a CA.  I was not notified by the CA or OC prior to being reported.  When I discovered it I contacted the CA (after reviewing the boards here) to try to do a PFD.  I got no response to my emails initially.  I received a phone call from a collector who I told I would pay to avoid the hassle if they would remove.  He said no. End of conversation.  I sent another set of emails got a response from a compliance assistant who initially could not find my account, then sent me another email saying they had found it and to contact her.  I did and she said her manager told her they would delete it if it was her account but it is not so she referred to yet another person. The next person refused to PFD as well.  The OC refused PFD.  All claimed they sent information but I did not receive and they did get back in the mail so no deletion for me.  This account is killing my already low score.

Can someone please tell me what to do now?  I know some have had success with EOS but its not working for me.  Should I pay it and just let the paid collection sit there for 5 years (I live in NY) or take my chances with GW after it has been paid?  I want to buy a house late 2013/early 2014 and I need this TL removed in order to even begin to qualify for a loan.  Help me please!

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: EOS CCA- HELP PLEASE

@tdrjustus3 wrote:

I have an account with a local college that was turned over to a CA.  I was not notified by the CA or OC prior to being reported.  When I discovered it I contacted the CA (after reviewing the boards here) to try to do a PFD.  I got no response to my emails initially.  I received a phone call from a collector who I told I would pay to avoid the hassle if they would remove.  He said no. End of conversation.  I sent another set of emails got a response from a compliance assistant who initially could not find my account, then sent me another email saying they had found it and to contact her.  I did and she said her manager told her they would delete it if it was her account but it is not so she referred to yet another person. The next person refused to PFD as well.  The OC refused PFD.  All claimed they sent information but I did not receive and they did get back in the mail so no deletion for me.  This account is killing my already low score.

Can someone please tell me what to do now?  I know some have had success with EOS but its not working for me.  Should I pay it and just let the paid collection sit there for 5 years (I live in NY) or take my chances with GW after it has been paid?  I want to buy a house late 2013/early 2014 and I need this TL removed in order to even begin to qualify for a loan.  Help me please!

Well, I saw your PM -- tough situation.. seems fairly unqiue to this point..

If you are not having success with the PFD, I agree with yout assentment to pay it and take you chances with GW after the fact.. you clearly now have a bunch of emails and contacts to GW to.. people have been having success with that as well..

BBB is another place to go, you could always complain about not receiving the dunnings ect ect..

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

If I go the BBB route should I pay it first or just file the compliant?

No apps until 8/2014
Message 3 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@tdrjustus3 wrote:

If I go the BBB route should I pay it first or just file the compliant?

Well, another tough one --

If you go BBB and they DONT remove, you might tick em off when you try to GW..

Or... they will remove it without paying it, they have been doing that with a lot of BBB complaints...

Just keep a level head and think out what you want to do: 

If I were you, I would pay it in full (if its small enough) and then send GWs - if you are going for a mortgage, it isnt completely essential to have it remove if it is paid, as long as your scores qualify..

Or you could BBB complaint about not getting documents, dunnings, and see if that works, then pay and GW

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 5
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

One more question....

They had the wrong name for me.  They were trying to contact me with my prior name which I have not had since 2008.  I went to the school in 2010 so I am not sure why they were using the wrong name.  Does that count for anything?

No apps until 8/2014
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.