Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
07-24-2014 10:30 PM
08-13-2014 08:23 AM
I just received a letter from EOS CCA showing the original creditor to be; US ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: AT&T MOBILITY. The letter advises that it is a notice of collection, however, I have never had AT&T service. I am not sure what this is about, however, I noticed that you guys have managed to have them remove similar accounts to this one from their system. Can you please advise me of the steps I need to take to do so.
Thank you in advance,
08-13-2014 10:36 AM - edited 08-13-2014 10:38 AM
All of you requesting the email information , please go ahead and file a BBB complaint following the steps below. This is just a copy of my original post 2 years back and I am not sure what the success rate these days with a BBB complaint... I got a response and a credit report delete within a week. File a dispute with Equifax and Transunion and most likely it will drop off.. Experian won't and most likely BBB complaint will take care of that
1. Go to https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/nature-of-complaint/ to start the complaint.
2. In the nature of the complaint, choose Business Product or Service.
3. Look up EOS/CCA and select the MA address.
4. In the BBB Complaint Form Qualification Questions... Select No to each of the 10 questions.
5. Fill up your Personal Information. In the Business Information Select Yes to both " Is this the correct address?" and "Is this the same as purchase location"
6. In the "Tell us about your complaint" , Primary Nature of the complaint should be "The company has unethical collection practices". Desired Settlement should be "Other". Desired Outcome should be " Delete all above referenced account from the credit reports"
7. In the Additional Complaint Details. Put the date Purchased as the date when the problem surfaced (thats what I did ). Date of First Issue as the same date when the problem surfaced. Also Select Yes to " Have you contacted the business". Put EOS/CCA for Who did you complain to. Put a date for "Dates Complained". Put the dispute amount and also specify "High Speed Internet or Cable Bill or Phone Bill" as Service Purchased. Rest of the fields do not have to be filled.
Please note I did not send them a Debt Validation Letter, yet I put in this form that I complained to EOS/CCA prior to contacting them. For me the problem surfaced in May 2012. So in the Additional Complaint Details Page, I specified that I complained to EOS/CCA in june and never got a response for the Debt Validation Letter and so they are to delete the accounts from the credit report as it is in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Btw, I made the BBB complaint earlier this month.
Hope this helps.
03-27-2015 05:51 PM
I have just begun to rebuild my credit after many poor choices when I was younger. I have an outstanding cell phone bill that was owed to ATT and is being collected by EOS CCA. The original ammount is around $2,800. and they agreed to settle for around half ($1,400).
I will pay it off in 3 payments and I have the settlement offer in writing. I made them fax it before I would make a payment.
I am looking for any advice on my situation. I have read a lot of negative reveiws about this collection company.
Thanks in advance!
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.