Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS CCA - Pay for Delete Information?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EOS CCA - Pay for Delete Information?

Hello all, (Mod Cut-Please do not post personal info in the forums)

I am in process of getting my credit back together in order to have a better looking credit report for mortgage lenders to look at me at less of a risk.

I have been dealing with a few collection agencies that have successfully helped me in PFD's.

Recently I came across a duplicate account on my credit report.

#1 - EOS CCA was for an amount of $290.00 - Original Reporting Creditor ATT Mobility

and the duplicate was

#2 ERC was also for an amount of $290.00 - Original Reporting Creditor ATT Mobility.

I was able to have TransUnion and EquiFax send the dispute letter to ERC (EOS CCA was the original collections agency and is the aged account). It was approved and deleted from my Credit Bureaus.

My question now is, I am going to be sending a PFD E-Mail or Letter to EOS CCA. I just need to find out exactly where to send it in either option. Here is what I am proposing to them

Good Morning,

I pulled my credit bureau report from Equifax and Transunion, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt account number 594xxxx. Under § 809 of FDCPA, I am requesting validation of the debt, which includes a copy of the debt or judgment for which you are collecting.

If your company validates this account, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or settlement percentage) if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

Respectfully,

Can somebody please help me in the right direction to get this email or letter to the right place?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EOS CCA - Pay for Delete Information?

Welcome to MyFico Smiley Happy

First off you dont want to mix a DV request with a PFD in the same letter. You want to send the DV first if you dont recognize it as yours. If it is yours sending a DV can be viewed as adversarial and they might be less likely to accept a PFD offer. Here are some threads you should review before proceeding. When you are ready you want to send the letters yourself to the CAs preferrably to the address listed on your dunning letter. If you dont have a dunning letter then try to get the CEOs address and send to his/her office.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.