Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-CCA Question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EOS-CCA Question.

Hello there,

I have been noticing a lot of issues with EOS-CCA, and I am having a problem as well. I do owe some money and I received a letter from EOS-CCA saying I can have 50% of it removed if I pay it all at once. On the letter, it shows the account number and security code that I must use online to pay it. The problem that is occurring though, is that when I do put my account number and security code (that they gave me) into the login forms, it says my "payee account number cannot be verified". I have checked overtime to make sure that it is the correct numbers I am typing in and it still says it can't be verified. I would greatly appreciate any help to this matter, as I am trying to solve this debt once and for all.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EOS-CCA Question.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello there,

I have been noticing a lot of issues with EOS-CCA, and I am having a problem as well. I do owe some money and I received a letter from EOS-CCA saying I can have 50% of it removed if I pay it all at once. On the letter, it shows the account number and security code that I must use online to pay it. The problem that is occurring though, is that when I do put my account number and security code (that they gave me) into the login forms, it says my "payee account number cannot be verified". I have checked overtime to make sure that it is the correct numbers I am typing in and it still says it can't be verified. I would greatly appreciate any help to this matter, as I am trying to solve this debt once and for all.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

I don't know how you can have 50% of the account removed. It's either report or it won't. Did you mean the balance? Know that whether you owe $0 or $10,000, the impact to FICO from any CA is equal. In other words, you can pay it online for 100% now and your FICO will not improve. The only option for score improvement is to get it deleted. The best way to get it deleted is to start with the DV letter. If they verify and you agree then mail them a PFD letter. You can always offer a 50% less mention in your letter if you still wanted to settle. If they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete. Without a PFD, they won't delete with a payment. Now if they cannot find you, then it's not uncommon to see a deletion after sending a DV letter.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm sorry, yes as the total EOS-CCA stated that 50% of it could be removed in a lump sum settlement. I was just confused because in the letter it gives you the option to pay by mail (and it has a box that you can check to pay the lump sum settlement that they stated), but when I tried typing in my information that they gave me to login online, that is when the error popped up that my information was not valid. This is where my problem arises.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Make sure, 100% for sure, that the letter says they will delete if you pay $x. Ignore any language like "we'll cease collections", "account will be satisfied", or "update your credit reports" or something along these lines since they don't mean they'll delete.

If your letter indeed says they will delete off all 3 credit reports, then I'd probably call them for the payment and keep their letter as proof they will delete upon receipt of payment.

Message 4 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Make sure, 100% for sure, that the letter says they will delete if you pay $x. Ignore any language like "we'll cease collections", "account will be satisfied", or "update your credit reports" or something along these lines since they don't mean they'll delete.

If your letter indeed says they will delete off all 3 credit reports, then I'd probably call them for the payment and keep their letter as proof they will delete upon receipt of payment.

I agree. EOS-CCA seems very open to PFD and GW adjustments... if you have trouble I have some email contacts, just let me know.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.