Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-CCA called me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EOS-CCA called me

So, I emailed the contacts I found here on Monday and received a call today.  The rep said they would be happy to delete my TL once I pay but they won't put it in writing until I have made the payment???  Something to the effect of, I would send a letter stating I authorized the payemnt and it could not be deleted, then once they process it, they will fax me a letter saying it will be deleted.   What should I do?  This doesn't sound like what everyone else has been experiencing?  I told the rep I would need to decide how to pay and then contact them back on Friday.

Any advice would be great!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: EOS-CCA called me

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I emailed the contacts I found here on Monday and received a call today.  The rep said they would be happy to delete my TL once I pay but they won't put it in writing until I have made the payment???  Something to the effect of, I would send a letter stating I authorized the payemnt and it could not be deleted, then once they process it, they will fax me a letter saying it will be deleted.   What should I do?  This doesn't sound like what everyone else has been experiencing?  I told the rep I would need to decide how to pay and then contact them back on Friday.

Any advice would be great!

There is a thread on this forum from the last couple days that had the same thing and it was instantly deleted.

I think you are fine, but YMMV

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 10
Simply827
Established Contributor

Don't do it!

If I'm reading correctly, they asked you to state in your letter that it can't be deleted? They are playing you. They'll never fax the letter stating that it will be deleted, especially if your letter states the opposite. Be adamant that you will not pay unless and UNTIL you receive a letter stating it will b deleted.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, the rep stated that my letter to them state that my payment cannot be deleted once I authorize it.  Sorry for the confusion. 

I'm thinking if I press them to send me the letter first, they may just tell me no and  I really want it deleted.  I am just trying to gauge whether I take the chance?

Message 4 of 10
Simply827
Established Contributor

I believe standard procedure is to obtain writing from them first. Otherwise they could just deny anything you ever discussed. It's up to you, but you might get burned. If you really want to send your payment first, at least get the names of people you spoke to.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can demand a written confirmation, which is certainly prudent business practice, but if it is a show-stopper, you are left with nothing.

You have an oral contract.  Admittedly not as good as a written contract, but nonetheless a contract.

I would make my interpretation of your agreement of record by attaching a cover letter stating your interpretation that they have agreed to delete upon receipt of payment.

I would not state that you understand they dont have to delete.  That would destroy any assertion of a meeting of the minds on the terms of your oral agreement.

I would pay it while making my understanding of the terms of record.

Message 6 of 10
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Based on my experience with them, I would take them at their word. Maybe I'm naive, but I figure it's got to get paid regardless, and EOS CCA seems pretty easy to work with. Worst case scenario, you just GW them after the fact. 

Message 7 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@kitty9779 wrote:

Based on my experience with them, I would take them at their word. Maybe I'm naive, but I figure it's got to get paid regardless, and EOS CCA seems pretty easy to work with. Worst case scenario, you just GW them after the fact. 

THIS ^^^^^

I have proof of this, aside from my own deletion in June of 2011, I have at LEAST 50 people in my PM inbox that have had success with them. And as RobertEG said, you still do have a contract with them, even if is just oral.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

I believe standard procedure is to obtain writing from them first. Otherwise they could just deny anything you ever discussed. It's up to you, but you might get burned. If you really want to send your payment first, at least get the names of people you spoke to.

In a perfect world, yes, it would be best to get it in writing.  But, it doesn't always happen like that.  Posters take the advice of other posters on the forum who have had luck with different CAs.  Sometimes, you just have to take the plunge and hope it works out. 

And an oral agreement can be just as binding.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.   I will be calling the rep at EOS on Friday to pay.  I will reply back with what happens.  Thanks so much for the advice!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.