Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS CCA dispute response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EOS CCA dispute response

Good evening,

I disputed a baddie from EOS CCA. It was a bill that I do think should of made it to collections because it was paid off months before then. I contacted EOS CCA to directly dispute the claim. I received a letter back telling me that I had a zero balance. How should I handle this now? The letter didn't say anything else other than I had a zero balance.

Please advise.

Thank you,

-Drew

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: EOS CCA dispute response

Did they refer to collection before or after the debt was paid?

The date they chose to report to the CRA is not the determining issue, it is whether the debt was delinquent at the time they actually referred.

If you have new information showing both the date of referral and date of payment, a dispute would no longer be substantially the same, and thus would require a new investigation.......

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The debt was less than sixty days late. It was paid, but they didn't record it and then it was passed to collections by mistake. I sent all of this information to EOS CCA to dispute the charge and just got back the letter saying that "Our records at EOS CCA show the above account has been paid in full as of 02/28/14. Please call 1-855-974-6090 with any additional questions."

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they acknowledge mistake then they have the obligation to promptly correct the inaccuracy.  FCRA 623(a)(2).

I would call them and remind them of their obligation to notify the debt collector of the improper collection referral, and notidy their debt collector to delete their inaccurate reporting.

If they fail to do so, you have new information in the way of their acknowledgment of error that can be used as basis for a new direct dispute.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.