Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS CCA possibly re-aged collection?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EOS CCA possibly re-aged collection?

Just wanted to get people's thought on this. I have a closed collection from EOS CCA. I settled the account with them not PIF. They have it marked as such which is fine, but I noticed that the date August 2012 listed as the date opened I assume that is the date it was sold to them. They don't list any other date beyond that on any of the reports I have. This is only listed on my TU and EX reports and nothing on EQ. Also there is no original tradeline from AT&T the OC on any of my reports. I know but am really unable to prove that the DoFD would have been probably sometime in 2010. 

How should I approach finding the real DoFD out since the original tradeline from AT&T isn't on my report and also how should I approach getting this corrected? Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: EOS CCA possibly re-aged collection?

The opened date is the date they acquired collection authority, either by buying the account or by being assigned the authority. Commercial reports/monitoring sites don't show the DoFD. You'll need to pull your actual reports from either annualcreditreport.com (if you haven't done so in the last 12 months) or buy them from the credit bureaus. EQ will show the actual DoFD and the other 2 will show the estimated date of removal (which will be 7 years after the DoFD).
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
The opened date is the date they acquired collection authority, either by buying the account or by being assigned the authority. Commercial reports/monitoring sites don't show the DoFD. You'll need to pull your actual reports from either annualcreditreport.com (if you haven't done so in the last 12 months) or buy them from the credit bureaus. EQ will show the actual DoFD and the other 2 will show the estimated date of removal (which will be 7 years after the DoFD).

Thanks for the info. I do have an Experian monthly account that doesn't list it. I will have to go and check the pull I did from them from annualcreditreport.com and see if it actually lists it when I get home from work.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to pull my full TU and it says drop off is 06/2017. So I guess I know now however accurate that is. Thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You're welcome. I wish the monitoring sites provided the DoFD, but I understand why they don't. An extra date would/can confuse people.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.