Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-CCA success

tag
qtssima
Established Member

EOS-CCA success

I looked them up via the BBB website and used the contact listed there as a Compliance Manager to send a PFD snail mail letter to (the sample letter listed in the FAQ's here). The amount was a $125 AT&T collection that was added to my report last fall.

Within a week, I rec'd a snail mail response that my account had been closed and they would request all three bureaus update. By the time I checked, the information had been deleted from my reports.

Keep trying out there!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: EOS-CCA success

@qtssima wrote:

I looked them up via the BBB website and used the contact listed there as a Compliance Manager to send a PFD snail mail letter to (the sample letter listed in the FAQ's here). The amount was a $125 AT&T collection that was added to my report last fall.

Within a week, I rec'd a snail mail response that my account had been closed and they would request all three bureaus update. By the time I checked, the information had been deleted from my reports.

Keep trying out there!!!

Congrats! The BBB has been working really well for them, esp with these bunk ATT bills!

Good job!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 6
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

So did you end up paying the debt off? Or did they delete the account before you were able to send in payment ?

Message 4 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Kartel34 wrote:

So did you end up paying the debt off? Or did they delete the account before you were able to send in payment ?

Usually, from my experience and what I have heard back from those who I have provided the email contacts to (not the BBB, but the approach is similar) is they indicate the account is closed and they are returning it, and removing it, because they cannot collect on these ATT debts. I don't know why it seems to be tied into these ATT debts, but that is what it appears from my outside position.

If your account was an ATT debt, contacting them either by email (if you need them I can send) or through the BBB often nets removal without payment.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 6
qtssima
Established Member

Sorry for my late reply! No, I did not pay anything. I simply got a response in writing that simply said the account has been closed. Not sure what is up with the ATT debt, but it seems to be the most common listing.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.