Established Member
qtssima

EOS-CCA success

I looked them up via the BBB website and used the contact listed there as a Compliance Manager to send a PFD snail mail letter to (the sample letter listed in the FAQ's here). The amount was a $125 AT&T collection that was added to my report last fall.

Within a week, I rec'd a snail mail response that my account had been closed and they would request all three bureaus update. By the time I checked, the information had been deleted from my reports.

Keep trying out there!!!

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

Re: EOS-CCA success

qtssima wrote:

I looked them up via the BBB website and used the contact listed there as a Compliance Manager to send a PFD snail mail letter to (the sample letter listed in the FAQ's here). The amount was a $125 AT&T collection that was added to my report last fall.

Within a week, I rec'd a snail mail response that my account had been closed and they would request all three bureaus update. By the time I checked, the information had been deleted from my reports.

Keep trying out there!!!

Congrats! The BBB has been working really well for them, esp with these bunk ATT bills!

Good job!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 05/12: TU: 722 | EQ: 712 | EX: 686
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Still Working On: Illinois Paid Tax Lien,
Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $3900, Citi/Home Depot $2000, Capital One Cash Rewards $1500, Capital One Secured $500, Credit One Bank $500. Total Utilization: 6%. AAoA: 1yr, 7mth. INQS: 8 TU, 8 EQ, 4 EX
Valued Contributor
Epcot

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Regular Contributor
Kartel34

So did you end up paying the debt off? Or did they delete the account before you were able to send in payment ?

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

Kartel34 wrote:

So did you end up paying the debt off? Or did they delete the account before you were able to send in payment ?

Usually, from my experience and what I have heard back from those who I have provided the email contacts to (not the BBB, but the approach is similar) is they indicate the account is closed and they are returning it, and removing it, because they cannot collect on these ATT debts. I don't know why it seems to be tied into these ATT debts, but that is what it appears from my outside position.

If your account was an ATT debt, contacting them either by email (if you need them I can send) or through the BBB often nets removal without payment.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 05/12: TU: 722 | EQ: 712 | EX: 686
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Still Working On: Illinois Paid Tax Lien,
Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $3900, Citi/Home Depot $2000, Capital One Cash Rewards $1500, Capital One Secured $500, Credit One Bank $500. Total Utilization: 6%. AAoA: 1yr, 7mth. INQS: 8 TU, 8 EQ, 4 EX
Established Member
qtssima

Sorry for my late reply! No, I did not pay anything. I simply got a response in writing that simply said the account has been closed. Not sure what is up with the ATT debt, but it seems to be the most common listing.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+