Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ 50PT DROP/TU 30PT DROP!!

tag
KKCHANCE2
Valued Member

EQ 50PT DROP/TU 30PT DROP!!

I received a score watch alert this evening, and yep, that was my present-50pt drop on EQ and 30pt drop for TU! I am so upsetSmiley Sad. I feeling like crawling under a rock! The worst part is, I know exactly why, and there is NOTHING that I can do about it.  A month or so ago, I sent a GW letter to GM/Americredit asking them to delete their TL since I paid my car loan in full, and they put a "dispute" note on my account, which (now I know) falsely inflated my scores! So today, the "dispute comment has been removed, and I am almost sure that is why my score dropped because I do not see that anything else has changed. I feel sick to my stomach Smiley Sad  I feel like home ownership is quickly slipping thru my fingers....

Oh yea, to make things worse, in the excitement of trying to order my CR because the SW alert said a judgment was on my credit, I accidently clicked that $49 quarterly monitoring stuff.  So I paid a total of $60 plus tonight to see HORRIBLE scores!  THE END

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ 50PT DROP/TU 30PT DROP!!

I'm not sure I understand.

You sent a GW for them to remove a positive TL, since you PIF your loan?  Did you leave something out? 

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 3
KKCHANCE2
Valued Member

Re: EQ 50PT DROP/TU 30PT DROP!!

I'm sorry...no, the TL is not positive. I have numerous lates. After PIF the loan, I sent them a GW request asking for deletion of the late pays only. I was trying to save the TL and my AAoA. They refused to remove the late pays and updated the account stating the dispute was resolved so now the late pays have dropped my score.  I don't see any other reason for the score drop.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.