Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Delete! Woot!

tag
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

EQ Delete! Woot!

I had a CA account from Portfolio Recovery on my report. They were trying to collect on an old credit card I had over five years ago. They were trying to collect on a completely false debt that they inflated with fees and interest. I settled the credit card debt with the original creditor so, this should never go into collections.

Anyway, I submitted an online dispute through Equifax and I just received my results. The CA will be deleted! They didn't furnish any verification of their debt (as it's completely bogus) so, OFF it goes! I'm so excited!

EQ did provide an updated report with their dispute results and sure enough, that CA was no longer on there. Now I'm just waiting for ScoreWatch to detect it...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ Delete! Woot!

cool!! I wonder why i didnt get my updated report and go back and look to make sure.  Congrats on your success!!1 wooohoo

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 2 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats... PRA isn't one of my favorite peoples btw.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

They're nobody's favorite. Lowdown dirty scoundrels Smiley Mad. Congrats on ridding yourself of those maggots!!!
Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@macuserftw wrote:

I had a CA account from Portfolio Recovery on my report. They were trying to collect on an old credit card I had over five years ago. They were trying to collect on a completely false debt that they inflated with fees and interest. I settled the credit card debt with the original creditor so, this should never go into collections.

Anyway, I submitted an online dispute through Equifax and I just received my results. The CA will be deleted! They didn't furnish any verification of their debt (as it's completely bogus) so, OFF it goes! I'm so excited!

EQ did provide an updated report with their dispute results and sure enough, that CA was no longer on there. Now I'm just waiting for ScoreWatch to detect it...

Grats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 6 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 7 of 8
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone! This forum is amazing when it comes to finding helpful information. I would've had no idea to actually dispute these errors on my report if it weren't for this site. I made some silly mistakes while I was a typically (financially) irresponsible 18 year old that I'm still paying for. I'm just excited to start my journey to having good credit. I have a couple more small dings on my report that are due to fall off in a couple years (2016) and I can't wait.

Meanwhile I have a student loan that I've paid half the balance on - and I've never had a single late payment for the 4 years I've had it. I just recently took on a 36 month car loan - and of course all my payments for that are on time as well. In a few months I'll probably open a secured credit card through my credit union. I'm hoping to reach the 700 club in a couple years (once the baddies fall off).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.