Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Fico Score went up 51 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ Fico Score went up 51 points

I am so excited this forum is really awesome. I applied for a secured CC from my credit union on 2/4/12 EQ score went up 31 points. I just applied for a BOA Secured CC and my EQ Fico score went up 51 points. Wow! I can not contain my self, I started out on 1/4/12 with a EQ Fico score of 537.

I am learning so much on this forum, I just need to get rid of four medical collections; EX and EQ denied the first process of the HP and AES will not take off the late payments. 

Still have a ways to go, but the journey is been fun.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ Fico Score went up 51 points

Knowledge is Power. Keep up the great work and Woo Hoo to reneern ! ! !

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 13
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am so excited this forum is really awesome. I applied for a secured CC from my credit union on 2/4/12 EQ score went up 31 points. I just applied for a BOA Secured CC and my EQ Fico score went up 51 points. Wow! I can not contain my self, I started out on 1/4/12 with a EQ Fico score of 537.

I am learning so much on this forum, I just need to get rid of four medical collections; EX and EQ denied the first process of the HP and AES will not take off the late payments. 

Wow!!! CONGRATULATIONS to you!!! That is friggin' fantastic! My CCs aren't reporting yet at all, even though I've had statements cut so I'm hoping that they show up soon.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS!!!! Thats a HUUUUUUUGE success!!!!!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 4 of 13
esme
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask how long it took for you to see the new accounts on your credit reports? My hubbs and I each applied for and were approved separately for CLs of $10K with our credit union. I am hoping that this will result in a positive score jump instead of a negative one, as sometimes opening new accounts potentially hurt initially. But congrats!

By AES do you mean American Education? I ask because I recently had success with them deleting some late payments from my husband's student loan that he had with them. Let me know if you need a good contact for them.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
namvet
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice work! 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you and your hubby!! It took only one week after opening them to show up on the CRA. I believe the jump was because I did not have any revolving credit prior to opening up those accts. AES does stand for student loan, I would love to get that contact information!!! Thanks you!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 13
DiamondDan73
Regular Contributor

Make sure you sit on those for a while. If you open too many, your AAoA will drop and so will your score which can take years to recover. You may want to ask the banks to look at your credit and see if the will graduate you to unsecured.

Started 11/2020 EQ 549 TU 580 EX 559
Currently 12/2020 EQ 541 TU 606 EX 576
2021 FICO Goal 680 on all 3
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I definitely will chill for a long while. I just received those secured CC.
I doubt if the banks will change them them from secured to unsecured in less than one month?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Job!

Can you also send me the contact info for AES? I had one late payment on my CR from 2009, and would love to try to have it removed as it is on my CR three times since I have three seperate AES loans, but pay them in one monthly payment, so if I am late on one, I am late on all three...I would greatly appreciate.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.