Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ- Repair-Dispute-Historical info was deleted from this account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ- Repair-Dispute-Historical info was deleted from this account

Hi all,

I disputed a TL with EQ and they sent me back saying the item was verified but the historical information was deleted off this account.  Does this mean the creditor didnt provide the necessary info such as payment history?  When disputing, is payment history needed to make the TL valid?  Can I use this as an argument to have it removed?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ- Repair-Dispute-Historical info was deleted from this account

It sounds like whatever the exact nature of your dispute was, they verified that info was accurate. However, they may have found inconsistency in other parts of the history and decided to delete that info.

You can dry to dispute it for deletion because of this, but there is no guarantee that will do it. Best of luck!!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I disputed a TL with EQ and they sent me back saying the item was verified but the historical information was deleted off this account.  Does this mean the creditor didnt provide the necessary info such as payment history?  When disputing, is payment history needed to make the TL valid?  Can I use this as an argument to have it removed?

No, payment history is not relevant to the validity of the account. Lack of payment history is not a legitimate reason to dispute.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Unstated in the post was exactly what you disputed.

A dispute goes only to the accuracy of the specific information that was asserted as inaccurate in the dispute.

What exactly did you assert as inaccurate?

Whatever it was, the CRA found that it was accurate as reported.

If the disputed information was deleted based on their investigation, it would not have been stated as being verified as to its accuracy.

Thus, it appears that the deletion of payment history information was unrelated to the dispute, and most likely done by the crditor to forgo any more disputes over the accuracy of any item under the payment history....... a defensive measure.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, in the inital dispute letter, I was very general saying that it was reporting innacurate.  So now I am writing a rebuttle letter saying that if the creditor is not reporting any payment history, how can they prove that its a valid entry if there is no transaction of monies.  Something to that effect.  Lets see what happens.   And if they say that its still verified, I will ask the creditor for payment history and if they cant produce it, then I will send proof to the CRA.  From what I understand, they must keep detailed info about the account and from what I understand, payment history is important because it shows what monies were exchanged.  And if they cant prove what monies were exchanged, how can they prove the figures such as balances and what monies are owed if any.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically, in the inital dispute letter, I was very general saying that it was reporting innacurate.  So now I am writing a rebuttle letter saying that if the creditor is not reporting any payment history, how can they prove that its a valid entry if there is no transaction of monies.  Something to that effect.  Lets see what happens.   And if they say that its still verified, I will ask the creditor for payment history and if they cant produce it, then I will send proof to the CRA.  From what I understand, they must keep detailed info about the account and from what I understand, payment history is important because it shows what monies were exchanged.  And if they cant prove what monies were exchanged, how can they prove the figures such as balances and what monies are owed if any.

What you understand is unfortunately, entirely incorrect. As I said above, reporting of payment history is not required, nor is it a valid reason for dispute.

"Proof" of what is reported is not required. The furnisher is only required to "re-investigate" to determine the accuracy of whatever you aledge to be incorrect. Lack of information is not an inaccuracy.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.