Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Reversed Oldest Account and Most Recent Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ Reversed Oldest Account and Most Recent Account

Hey, guys,

I just started helping my girlfriend improve her credit, and I've run into something I'm not sure how to address. She pulled her free annual EQ credit report, and this is how it's listing her oldest and newest accounts:

Length of Credit History 0 Years, 11 Months

Average Account Age 6 Years, 3 Months

Oldest Account US DEPT. OF EDUCATIO (Opened 11/08/2)

Most Recent Account STATE UNIV STUD (Opened 99/07/1)

EQ seems to have reversed her oldest and newest accounts, which seriously impacts her length of credit history. Could this just be a fluke/computer glitch that will resolve itself on its own, or is this something she should dispute?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: EQ Reversed Oldest Account and Most Recent Account

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, guys,

I just started helping my girlfriend improve her credit, and I've run into something I'm not sure how to address. She pulled her free annual EQ credit report, and this is how it's listing her oldest and newest accounts:

Length of Credit History 0 Years, 11 Months

Average Account Age 6 Years, 3 Months

Oldest Account US DEPT. OF EDUCATIO (Opened 11/08/2)

Most Recent Account STATE UNIV STUD (Opened 99/07/1)

EQ seems to have reversed her oldest and newest accounts, which seriously impacts her length of credit history. Could this just be a fluke/computer glitch that will resolve itself on its own, or is this something she should dispute?

That happened to me about 10 days ago except all of my open dates were reversed on every tradeline (just like your example above) and I have a lot of tradelines both opened and closed.

So I pulled my report from annualcreditreport.com and I called EQ.

Of course I didn't get to them until about 3 days after I pulled the report and they claimed that they had the right dates. I went through each and every tradeline with the CSR to make sure the dates were "reversed" back to the right format and they sent me a hard copy of the report via snail mail. Sure enough, the report they sent had the dates formatted correctly.

They have to be having a computer glitch - even though the CSR claimed there was no glitch. What else could explain it?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you went through that hassle, but like you, I'm assuming at this point that it had to have been a computer glitch.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Equifax.com regularly err's on the formating with my reports. IMO, ignore their summaries. Now if my EQ or TU FICO report showed wrong open dates, then I'd be concerned.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.